Serreyeasiss (1 Viewer)

"The A/W 2014 season is a winner for anyone with psoriasis, with pastel blue shades dominating the catwalks and faux fur on all the rails. Pastel shades are the perfect camouflage for a flaking scalp, whilst faux fur won't irritate the skin whilst also ensuring you look completely on trend."

Good to know

Try intolerance test at the Fitzwilliam clinic in dublin. Get rid of as much dairy out of your diet as you can? Intolerance test a good start probably.

Starting another course of methotrexate...this time it's hypodermic
View attachment 10234

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis around 5 years ago, i don't have psoriasis but my dad does and whatever genetic thing passed down to me which resulted in me getting arthritis.
Was on crutches and painkillers for around 2-3 months cause i couldn't walk. They put me on methotrexate on an increasing amount as time went on, think 17.5mg a week. Did fuck all for me, took around 2 years for them to allow me to go off it (had to slowly reduce the amount over time).

Jesus, That's awful. I've been on the oral stuff and all it did was make me feel sick. This is pretty much clutching at straws. There are other , even more toxic drugs available but I'm not keen to try them.

Did you find a treatment for the arthritis?

Yep, got on this sorta new drug Simponi. Within a few days i was back to normal.
Was at the doctors in January when i was told i could come off methotrexate and they said they'd look to see if i could come off Simponi in the next year, so here's hoping.

Are you taking Folic Acid with methotrexate? it can' help a bit with nausea

I was taking folic acid yeah, but still felt awful. I'll see how I get on with the injections.

That's great about your positive results. Hope it stays that way.

I've noticed a visible thinning and I've only been on it a few weeks
I don't want to go bald yet

Hair Loss | Hair Loss Arthritis Meds | Arthritis Today Magazine

One of the culprits: methotrexate. It’s the most commonly prescribed disease-modifying antirheumatic drug, or DMARD, for rheumatoid arthritis. It’s also responsible for hair loss in about 1 to 3 percent of people. The hair loss happens because methotrexate is doing what it’s supposed to do – stop cells from growing, including cells causing inflammation and, unfortunately, hair follicles. Folic acid, which is commonly prescribed with methotrexate to mitigate some of its side effects, is a synthetic form of folate, a B-complex vitamin. It can help keep hair healthy, but it has not been found to promote hair growth.

I have a tube of some steroid thing that I've been using super sparingly. I can't drag it out much longer, going to have to get another one. That's cash for the doc and cash for the chemist. No cash for me.

This may or may not be of help, but I recently discovered MooGoo Home | MooGoo Skincare after a friend recommended it for the boy who had seborrhoeic dermatitis behind his ears . Totally cleared him up in just a couple of days (4 applications) - from crusty and bleeding to perfect skin.

My face has been a total mess after the Winter, very red and itchy, and very flakey. Figuring it couldn't do any harm I tried some of the kid's Moo Goo Scalp cream on it and saw improvement the next day and applying it after washing my face calms it down pretty much instantly, no more shining redness.

Have just received a delivery of MSM skin cream from them so will post an update when I see if it is making a difference.

Ingredients are natural, nowhere near as expensive as the steroid route and if you order online they send loads of samples of their other products for you to try out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back