Serreyeasiss (1 Viewer)

Glad to hear you and the boy have had good results from this

Didn't do anything for me.

Glad to hear you and the boy have had good results from this

Didn't do anything for me.

Ugh, that sucks, but I don't know if anything would improve mine if the trigger for flare ups was everpresent (pet hair, stress and oranges are all triggers for me). Can't imagine how I'd be if I was living with moggies.

How are you getting on with methotrexate?

I stopped taking it mainly due to financial issues. I wasn't noticing any change anyway. I might try it again when I'm more flush fro cash.

It seems it's methotrexate or nothing

It seems it's methotrexate or nothing

My girlfriend just finished up doing light therapy, which was kind of working, and they are now putting he on that drug. She's not happy about it but her skin is gradually getting worse since the light therapy stopped.

Its a crazy affliction altogether and doctors just dont give a fuck. She does be in awful pain sometimes and nothing stops it.

It's shite alright. The doctors have no answers so all they can do is suggest creams and methotrexate. There are a couple of other drugs but my doc told me he'd rather not prescribe them as he isn't comfortable about their possible long-term side effects.

i have the least psoriasis i've had since at least the early 2000's now.
i was wondering what people got out of using medicines ?
less itching ? better skin ? is soreness a problem ?

i don't use anything except some ordinary skin cream around my eyes
(which just looks unsightly).

people ask me what i use and my attitude is what's the point? am I wrong ?
i've had this since 1983 so i'm used to it - if it's not itchy or sore i'm OK.

i have the least psoriasis i've had since at least the early 2000's now.
i was wondering what people got out of using medicines ?
less itching ? better skin ? is soreness a problem ?

i don't use anything except some ordinary skin cream around my eyes
(which just looks unsightly).

people ask me what i use and my attitude is what's the point? am I wrong ?
i've had this since 1983 so i'm used to it - if it's not itchy or sore i'm OK.
I have had a number of very severe outbreaks over the years, the worst saw me with about 85% of my body consisting of psoriasis plaques. It was totally debilitating. Aside from the uglyness, the flaking and the itch - I had cracked and bleeding skin on my sides and in my elbow and knee joints. The pain was horrible. I was constantly feeling sticky and yucky from the creams I had to slather on every day. Hours a day, every day, were spent just treating the condition. I got run down and got sick with pleuracy as a result. It took me over a year of controlling my diet, lamp and sun exposure and vitamin and mineral supplementation to get it back to normal levels.

I've had psoriasis since I was 6, but usually managable. Some people are dealing with severe outbreaks like the ones I've had that were reasonably short lived for decades at a time and nothing seems to help... having only had to deal with that for a year I can fully understand how someone would be willing to try anything to get their life back.

Sorry to hear you suffered so much Squiggle.
I've had it since i was 7 in 1983. for the first ten years it was only on my scalp.
at the moment i have none below my knees which was the only big problem area. it was very itchy on my feet and bottom of my ankles a few years ago .
i have it on my knees and elbows. on my head it's there a patch on the back of my head which is a fraction of the size it used to be. i've also got it behind both ears , either side of my nose and in the corners of both eyes (which is the only part i think looks shit).
i have a few small patches on my back, hip and shoulder but my torso has been mostly spared over the years.
in the past apart from having a lot of it on my feet and ankles for years it was worse in some areas i still have it especially my scalp.

until last year i had NEVER seen psoriasis on any person i had met. this made think that extreme cases were rare.

i also once got a bad viral infection in my leg which was caused by scratching psoriasis on my leg.

the only thing i ever used was tar ointment as a child and this left me with the opinion that the cure was worse than the illness as far as treatments go.

as far as diet being a factor:
i have been on a vegan diet since 1993 and i eat overwhelmingly vegetables and drink mostly water.
the only processed foods i eat every day are:
oatmeal and Rice Dream (milk substitute drink).
i also sometimes eat bread and drink orange juice (usually when i'm out) but i don't eat either of them most weeks.
i once went over a year without eating bread and it didn't make any difference. i haven't eaten any junk food since the 2000's.
fried food, alcohol, drugs are completely out of the question for me.
i drank about 6 or 7 pints of alcohol in my life.

a further problem i have is i'm on anti psychotic medicine since
1996 and because of this my appetite is crazy. i was always slim until then.
i usually eat about a pot and a half (7 litre pot) of mixed vegetables plus plenty of courgettes and spinach to try to make sure as much of the extra food i eat is low calorie. but my weight will always be a problem as i'll be on this kind of medicine for life.
that's about it.

really i'm not too badly off - especially at the moment.

Itchy, scabby, flaky head...I'm getting balder by the day. MY hair is coming out in handfuls.
It's shite.

As much as I don't want to go bald I'll get over it and just shave my head like I used to years ago. But I don't want to be bald with an itchy, scabby, flaky head.

The advice on the internet: "wear a hat"

Itchy, scabby, flaky head...I'm getting balder by the day. MY hair is coming out in handfuls.
It's shite.

As much as I don't want to go bald I'll get over it and just shave my head like I used to years ago. But I don't want to be bald with an itchy, scabby, flaky head.

The advice on the internet: "wear a hat"
Is the medication making your hair fall out?

No, I stopped taking it. It was too expensive. The scalp psoriasis hasgotten worse . Maybe the hair loss is unrelated but I'm guessing it's not. I'd go back to the doc but there is no point. I've tried everything he has to offer at this stage

No, I stopped taking it. It was too expensive. The scalp psoriasis hasgotten worse . Maybe the hair loss is unrelated but I'm guessing it's not. I'd go back to the doc but there is no point. I've tried everything he has to offer at this stage
I’ve had bad flare ups on the scalp and my hair turns to shit. Usually comes back to normal once the flare ups pass. I generally use a combination of Nizoral, T-Gel and a topical steroid scalp application Betnovate scalp application (betamethasone). Seems to do the trick.

My psoriasis sound fairly mild compared to yours, so I’m probably not telling you anything you don’t already know.

I think I have some of this in the cabinet of psoriasis related potions. thanks

Was at the doc this morning. Appointment booked to see a rheumatologist Suspect I have psoriasis arthritis now.

Bugger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back