[Sep 29, 2015] B. Dolan (The Workman's Club) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 728
  • Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Dolittle presents
B. DOLAN
+ guests
September 29th, The Workman’s Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=PjWFKjYDMW8

"B. Dolan has cursed me with repeating the same lines over and over again in my head since I met him. Come to Jamaica, Come to Dubai. Damn you, B. Dolan. Shit knocks" – EL-P (Run The Jewels)

"Proof that underground hip hop still has bite." – ALT PRESS

“In a perfect world, this is where hip hop would be." – POP MATTERS.COM

Following a totally sold-out–packed-to-the-rafters gig at our gaff last November with Scroobius Pip and warrenpeace, B. Dolan makes his Irish return with his very own headline show at The Workman’s Club on Tuesday, 29 September.

B. Dolan's 2010 debut offering 'Fallen House, Sunken City', was a monument to indie rap at a time when the music industry had all but abandoned it. Aggressive, booming and confrontational, the Providence, Rhode Island native announced himself as a high powered presence on the mic. 'Fallen House' was met with critical acclaim and cult status among fans, forecasting the resurgence of lyrically driven rap years ahead of its time.

It shouldn't come as a surprise then that in the five years since, Dolan has largely ignored demand for a speedy follow-up and focused on building another ambitious, epic long player. A pair of mixtapes released in that time, 'House of Bees vol. 2 & 3', have given a growing army of devotees huge anthems (like 'Film the Police,' 'Which Side Are You On?' and 'King Bee'), as well as tantalizing glimpses of what the emcee's been building in there. Dolan's live shows have also become the stuff of legend; he once brought a 20 piece marching band overseas with him as backing and has rocked over 500 shows internationally in the last decade (with acts like ATMOSPHERE, SAGE FRANCIS, and even hardcore bands CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE and UNITED NATIONS.)

The new record, 'KILL THE WOLF' arrives on July 10th 2015, and features an eclectic and unlikely cast of collaborators including AESOP ROCK, BUCK 65, KATHLEEN STUBELEK (of CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE) and the late DAVE LAMB (of BROWN BIRD). The LP features production from ALIAS, CECIL OTTER (Doomtree), BUDDY PEACE and more. It would be easy for an album to go astray amid such varying styles, but Dolan stays in firm command as 'KILL THE WOLF's executive producer, utilizing and combining his guests' talents in surprising ways, all while maintaining the foreground as a seasoned lyricist and songwriter.

ALRIGHT from KILL THE WOLF

Tickets are ONSALE NOW at €12 available from www.theworkmansclub.com & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide

B Dolan, The Workman’s Club Tuesday, 29 September

Doors 8pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back