Sentinel Records closes it's doors end of February 2009 (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

This is awful news.

Statement from Metalireland.com

It’s with a deep regret I have to announce the closer of Sentinel, the shop, at the end of February. The last year was an extremely difficult one and with the current climate things are not going to improve any. We’re open just over 4 years now and it has been a continuous financial struggle.

The label, stalls & mail-order will continue. I would like to wholeheartedly thank everyone who supported the shop through the last few years and in particular Adrian, Darren & Peter for all their help. Not to mention Ciaran & Metalireland.

I hope you will continue to support the shop in our last days here & stalls and mail-order in the future.

People with vouchers should use them up as soon as possible and Irish bands that have left their products here for sale just get in touch with me through pm or email [email protected]

Thanks

might be staying open a little longer now - if people can get in to buy to help it stay open it would be great!

This time it is closing for good. Sad News.

Sentinel Records will close its doors for good on the 30th June 2010. The label, stalls and mail order will continue though in some form. It’s been a financial nightmare from the very start and the growing debts have become too much to handle.

I will however be looking into a monthly record fair held in the same premises, this may take a couple of months to organise properly but I hope to include the other Irish labels/mail orders and possibly some from abroad.

Cheers to everyone who supported the shop through the years try and make the last month a good one.

Pardon my ignorance here, but Sentinel took over from Comet behind the Central Bank right?

So when were Freebird in there? I remember buying records in a Freebird closing down sale in the last year.:confused:

Sentinel were there for a while I think, this was before I moved to Dublin though, so I couldn't sure.

But in recent years they have been in the basement of Flip (I think?) the clothes shop, near the foggy dew and ray's pizza.

i bought the Neifenbach demo in there 2 weeks ago. First time i was in there oddly enough.
Would have loved a place like that when i was about 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back