Selling on Discogs - any advice? (1 Viewer)

I turned my want list email off. Too much temptation and trying to cut down on buying records. Which has worked but now I’m buying more books instead!

As for feedback, I generally leave the buyer feedback as soon as I send the item. Sometimes you get a feeling about someone who is going to be trouble so I hold off until I know they have the item and they’re happy.

As a buyer I leave feedback after I get the item and play it through.
Zackly!

I've found that useful a few times alright, but there's a bit of a caveat emptor...I've found some sellers off-discogs won't allow PayPal payment. This sets alarm bells ringing, the security of PayPal for small transactions is brilliant.

Top tip for buying.

If the seller has a shop or website off discogs,always have a look. Can often be cheaper as some sellers factor in fees on discogs.

bought a record from UK recently. never showed after 2 weeks.

contacted seller just to confirm it was actually shipped on the day specified etc. Dude was incredibly sound. Did send it on the marked date, offered to ship a replacement no questions asked straightaway , without having to be asked. From his point of view once it leaves his hands, it's out of his hands as such.

told him to leave it a week or 2 incase it showed. It didn't , contacted him today and he's putting it in the post (again) this avo.

just a story about a sound seller on discogs. Good to know they're out there.

bought a record from UK recently. never showed after 2 weeks.

contacted seller just to confirm it was actually shipped on the day specified etc. Dude was incredibly sound. Did send it on the marked date, offered to ship a replacement no questions asked straightaway , without having to be asked. From his point of view once it leaves his hands, it's out of his hands as such.

told him to leave it a week or 2 incase it showed. It didn't , contacted him today and he's putting it in the post (again) this avo.

just a story about a sound seller on discogs. Good to know they're out there.
Nice to hear. Still a good advertisement for record shops all in all.

I've never looked at this thread because I will never sell anything on Discogs but there are some great tips for buyers in here.

Someone should change the thread title to "Buying and Selling on Discogs..."

I mentioned in the minor complaints thread that a record I'd bought off Discogs never arrived. Thankfully the seller has reimbursed me.

I bought it off another guy for way more than I should have but the euphoria of getting money back got the better off me.

I just unlisted everything for the time being. Our post office is in the back of supervalu and I'm not queuing up to post something cheap.

Hopefully when it's all over I have a good run of sales.

I mentioned in the minor complaints thread that a record I'd bought off Discogs never arrived. Thankfully the seller has reimbursed me.

I bought it off another guy for way more than I should have but the euphoria of getting money back got the better off me.

the one time something i ordered on discogs went missing
it was from a guy who had a 100 % rating after 8,000 orders !
in other words i knew he had sent it out.
he even offered me something else as compensation when i let
him know, but i said he owed me nothing and as it wasn't his fault.

i only lost about 30 Euros.

the fact is sometimes things just go missing.

-in the past when i used to mail people cash in envelopes there was
almost never a problem with it arriving safely.
- slightly more of a chance of the person being a rip off.
- and the package being stolen in transit to you was by far the most dangerous part.

This guy was really sound about it. I once bought a bundle of 5 records off a guy on ebay. When they never arrived his response was basically"tough. I sent them, not my problem. " Paypal and ebay disagreed.

Is it possible to see the original listing for an item after you've ordered it, with the full description and comments? If I view the order page itself it shows some info under the album title

1586883472804.png

Maybe if there had been more info or comments it would be here too, i dunno. The original LP came with a 4-page booklet and I don't remember if he mentioned that it is missing or not, and I don't know if I can be bothered being annoyed about it.

Also I bought another LP from the same guy which was listed as in Mint media condition. It's in very good nick but not mint. It wasn't very expensive so I don't really care about that either but I wonder if I should comment in case he makes a habit of it.

I'd mention the condition discrepancy and see what happens.

Have a look at discogs advice for grading. If I'm listing something myself and I'm not sure I always have a look to be sure.

I'd likely give neutral at best

bought a record on ebay with NM/M- media rating and a G+ sleeve rating

what should i realistically expect with a G+?

bought a record on ebay with NM/M- media rating and a G+ sleeve rating

what should i realistically expect with a G+?
Did they not provide pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back