Selling on Discogs - any advice? (1 Viewer)

Some guy in Slovakia is a mad after a record I put up for sale there was a ton of emails from him over the weekend which I haven't been reading. But I'm considering not selling it to him the fact that he wants it so bad makes me want to keep it plus I think he was insulting to me but maybe I got the wrong end of the stick. I'm also questioning the logic of selling a record to raise money to buy a record...

Some guy in Slovakia is a mad after a record I put up for sale there was a ton of emails from him over the weekend which I haven't been reading. But I'm considering not selling it to him the fact that he wants it so bad makes me want to keep it plus I think he was insulting to me but maybe I got the wrong end of the stick. I'm also questioning the logic of selling a record to raise money to buy a record...
It's not a Japanese psych rock record, is it? I had a similar situation over a Shinki Chen album and just ended up taking it down from sale and blocking him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No it's doom death type stuff, I feel sorry for the guy unless I be nice and send it, but metal heads are some of the most anal collectors and there also music snobs

He is still messaging me with offers for it. And now I have a complaint from a guy in Brooklyn which admittedly is my fault since I sold him the wrong colour record and another message from a guy in Virginia I don't want to read.
I've unlisted any second hand stuff its too much hassle dealing with queries and also posting and packaging plus I don't want to be sending shabby orders.

Last edited:
Been selling loads of late,and loads more to come.

Anyone notice the people who take longest pay are buying the cheapest records. Is it really that hard to scrape together 7euro,including postage?

Been selling loads of late,and loads more to come.

Anyone notice the people who take longest pay are buying the cheapest records. Is it really that hard to scrape together 7euro,including postage?

I usually pay as soon as i have the invoice, now i know why sellers are quick to give me good feedback for paying promptly!
I've a cnut at the moment though who's not responding and has not sent item since I paid them last week. Just filed a Not Responding report. It's the fist time I've encountered a cnut on Discogs; sellers are generally sound.

I usually pay as soon as i have the invoice, now i know why sellers are quick to give me good feedback for paying promptly!
I've a cnut at the moment though who's not responding and has not sent item since I paid them last week. Just filed a Not Responding report. It's the fist time I've encountered a cnut on Discogs; sellers are generally sound.

in my experience,some sellers don't update they have sent. Doesn't put you at ease though.

That's fair enough. Hope you get your records.

I'm not aware of guidelines on non payers,but I usually leave 5-7 days,give a reminder then the same again before cancelling. I suppose its not happened too many times,so I can't really complain.

I have had remind buyers the odd time it's a bit annoying especially if you have the thing packed and ready to go. On the other hand all you have is message on the Internet so you've no idea what is going on with them if they are busy or something maybe they get nervous about shelling out ?

question about a discogs purchase that seems dead in the water. First time out of 40 odd positive purchases that there seems to be a problem.

I bought a record off some guy at the end of November, from UK. contacted him after about 2-3 weeks, no sign of LP. Got a quick response saying he'd chase it up and get back to me ina few days and if worst came to worst he'd sell me his similar condition copy of LP instead. No word since, despite a couple of messages from me asking whats the story.

he's got a 100% seller rating from 12 sales.
His seller terms are minimal, mentions nothing about records going astray/getting damaged etc. Whats the line here, is it my bad luck? or should this guy be refunding/replacing the record? Want to give the man the benefit of the doubt and don't wanna be leaving negative feedback if it has nothing to do with him also. Have bought a lot of stuff from ebay/discogs over the years, nothing has taken this long, especially from the UK.

I believe technically it's his responsibility to get the order to you, he's the one with a contract with the post office and he's the one who can make any kind of claim off them. If you paid using PayPal they'll take your side if you open a claim against him and you can get a refund.

That'll lead to bad feedback of course though. I mean, it depends on you, i've chalked things like this up to bad luck in the past rather than cause a fuss but you're within your rights to kick up one...

Hey @dunderhead - To add to what Lili said -
The onus is on the seller, if he can't supply the item he should refund you.
As a buyer you should try to sort it with him amicably first. If you're getting no joy with him, you can escalate to Discogs by way of complaint; they can contact seller on your behalf and try to get you a resolution.

If he’s not engaging with you, then I’d escalate it to a paypal claim and send him a reasonable message saying that you hate to have to do it but as he’s not responding you felt you needed to go that route and hopefully he can still sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back