Selling on Discogs - any advice? (1 Viewer)

i was going to just dump the lot in a charity shop but there's a few hundred quid's worth in these shitey oul records

i want to offload some records to a local secondhand record shop...do prices on discogs reflect likely real-world valuations?

If you look at each release, there's an entry on how much it's been sold for in the past (highest, lowest and the average), which is handy for gauging that kind of thing. Obviously there's often chancers trying to get crazy money for what they're selling, but if you look at what other sellers are charging you can generally work out what to charge - it depends on how keen you are to shift them!

I'd be more inclined to sell stuff on discogs rather than the local record shop due to the reason @Cornu Ammonis mentions above. If I ever sold any of me records, that is. #hoarder

what kind of turnover do you get on discogs though? i want to get rid of them in the next few months

also dealing with all the postage and packaging would be a massive arseache

and of course i get the bonus of sarky comments on my collection from the prick in the record shop, too

the personal touch

what kind of turnover do you get on discogs though? i want to get rid of them in the next few months

also dealing with all the postage and packaging would be a massive arseache

Depends on the demand. If you're in a hurry to get rid of them, turf 'em into the local shop. There's people who I've bought stuff from in the past who still have the same bits and bobs for sale years later.

And yes, the postal details are a pain in hoop.

might try some of the highest-value ones on discogs i suppose

Feck it, go on, sure throw a link up here when you have them for sale, you might get someone on here taking something off your hands.

i never bothered my arse trying to sell on discogs and have gotten an offer from the record shop of almost exactly half the minimum estimate from discogs

looks like i should have got my shit together some months ago...

lads how do you get VAT identification number? trying to sell something on discogs for first time, this VAT yoke is required

??

would really appreciate a bit of advice on this.

Put in a bid on a 25 euro album. accepted my 20 euro offer.

1. it's a new seller. zero ratings/history
2. the album seems to go for upwards of 30 usually
3. got an email saying he doesn't like paypal, has provided me with his bank details
4. no shipping costs were added, said to be paid by seller

have contacted him about the shipping issue but sounds pretty dodge/too good to be true. (maybe it's just new seller forgetting about it). is there a reason why a dodgy seller would avoid paypal? account closed in the past due to dodgy shenanigans? Am I I too paranoid? I really want this record, 50/50 am i gonna gamble on this...

I have sold stuff on discogs for lower than what was being offerd by a buyer. The seller may just be putting there own value on it for whatever they consider it's worth personally. There are not really many rules when it comes to buying and selling there. I would think it's not that suspicious either if they don't like paypal who in fairness can be awfull.
So I dunno you have no guarantee if they do rip you off suppose you could insist on paypal as a "deal breaker" to be safe but they could just as easily be genuine.

Last edited:
would really appreciate a bit of advice on this.

Put in a bid on a 25 euro album. accepted my 20 euro offer.

1. it's a new seller. zero ratings/history
2. the album seems to go for upwards of 30 usually
3. got an email saying he doesn't like paypal, has provided me with his bank details
4. no shipping costs were added, said to be paid by seller

have contacted him about the shipping issue but sounds pretty dodge/too good to be true. (maybe it's just new seller forgetting about it). is there a reason why a dodgy seller would avoid paypal? account closed in the past due to dodgy shenanigans? Am I I too paranoid? I really want this record, 50/50 am i gonna gamble on this...
what country are they in? Germany are mad for bank transfers, they hate all other methods of payment.

I'd be a little bit paranoid too, but 25 quid seems a very low amount to be scamming someone over.

Shipping costs to be paid by the seller? I've never heard of that before.. I'd say that he meant that the shipping costs are to be paid by the buyer. Has he invoiced you yet?

what country are they in? Germany are mad for bank transfers, they hate all other methods of payment.

I'd be a little bit paranoid too, but 25 quid seems a very low amount to be scamming someone over.
true, 25 quid ain't a pile.
yeah, he is german

Shipping costs to be paid by the seller? I've never heard of that before.. I'd say that he meant that the shipping costs are to be paid by the buyer. Has he invoiced you yet?

yeah , something was lost in translation there. He's looking into it. which is a good sign that he's not a spoofer I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back