Selling on Discogs - any advice? (1 Viewer)

People pleading for discounts, ordering shit and then moaning at you that they can't pay just yet - what do you do? The last one I cancelled the order and left no feedback, this time I left neutral feedback with a message to stop doing this irritating shit

when discount is asked for,I always have a look and see how mine are priced comparatively. If I seem steep,I'll drop the price. I'd then ask for prompt payment.
Maybe agree when the will pay,if it's too long suggest you'll have to relist the item and the buyer has to take their chances it will still be available.

If you think they are a real nuisance,I believe you can block buyers.

They should just not order anything unless they have the money. There's an "Allow offers" box you can tick if you're willing to accept offers, but I didn't tick it because I can't be bothered haggling and thinking about whether a discounted poxy cd is worth the bother of a trip to the post office.

i used to be baffled when people would leave positive feedback for prompt payment on my purchases on ebay

like, you pay when you buy something, otherwise you haven't bought it

I had a guy who bought an LP and then spent fucking days asking me specific questions about the pressing, the condition, etc. and no sign of payment. Eventually I cancelled the order and kept the LP. Not worth the hassle. The guy seemed upset then but it was a €20 purchase for something not that rare, fuck's sake!

Here's one for you seller types...
I bought a tape last year for €15 which was from an edition limited to 50 copies. This was the "very last copy", and had no cover. So I buy it, and it gets delivered. Sound. But then a week after the sale the guy puts up the identical listing again, the tape is still available, "very last copy", no cover. I mailed him to ask what the story was, no reply. He's a huge seller in Germany. I've got two choices...either keep schtum (he does have some stuff I'd be interested in) or just put a comment under his tape listing warning people not to buy it unless they don't care that he's lying about the "limited edition", and the "very last copy". And the third choice? To the Discogs forum, which is what I've just decided to do.

Re discounts: I've bought a few records which were quite expensive. I ALWAYS asked for a discount on these items, or some kind of deal on postage or whatever, or a rounding down of the final figure. And I got one every single time, whether or not it was a "make an offer" item. Sometimes it was the amount I asked for, sometimes a compromise, but never a flat no. As normal, I always paid quickly, and the records always ended up arriving well packaged and as described...no skimping on anything. Good / flexible sellers I guess. I ended up buying a couple of records using money saved by this method.

People pleading for discounts, ordering shit and then moaning at you that they can't pay just yet - what do you do? The last one I cancelled the order and left no feedback, this time I left neutral feedback with a message to stop doing this irritating shit
I got a couple of mails from this lad this afternoon asking me to remove the neutral feedback since I had cancelled the order and he didn't buy them and so feedback didn't apply to transaction. Around the very same time a new user registered, ordered one of my records and immediately left bad feedback saying "I wrote an email to you". I reckon it must be the same guy, the prick

Looks like I may be about to get my first negative feedback. Some clown complaining about marks on cd's that were fully described. cd's cost 3euro and he wanted them sent without jewel cases to save on postage.
Ah well.

i want to offload some records to a local secondhand record shop...do prices on discogs reflect likely real-world valuations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back