secret vice. (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by michaelknight
Um, both, as far as my (admittedly rather sketchy) memory goes...I think it might even have been two separate ads...

Pantyhose, is your grandad THE grandad, or do you refer to some other old geezer?

that was a 3 part ad.
1) kid drowns in pool while mother is on phone
2) kid drowns in oil drum to the horror of pantone's grandad and the "other guy"
3) family goto river. grandad sleeps in chair. radio blares.
next shot: boy asks where's grandad? radio still blares.
next shot: boy and man are fencing off the river

Fuck me now that brings back the memories...

Why don't RTE show all of these at Christmas to go with the Wanderly Wagon nostalgiathon? I'm only dying to see Harry Molloy in his previous incarnation as Maverick Triple X hombre

why indeed?
or why don't they release all those Health Education Bureau / Water Safety / Public Information films - the likes of PLAY SAFE on a couple of DaViDs.
I'd buy them.

They have done so in the US. With US stuff, naturally, like "The Last Prom" - 20 min film about the horrors of drink driving on prom night. RTE showed it circa 1981.

Originally posted by uncle_meat
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles. Give me a fucking break.

No it wasn't.

All my neices and nephews played with the Ninja Turtles...and wore Ninja Turtle pajamas and had Ninja Turtle notebooks for school an stuff...

Sure you aren't thinking about Canada?

!baggyyyy

Originally posted by stunning
All my neices and nephews played with the Ninja Turtles...and wore Ninja Turtle pajamas and had Ninja Turtle notebooks for school an stuff...

oh Thomas, you'll love this, here in The Ireland, and The UK the powers that be decided the word "Ninja" was just waaayy to hardcore for the childrens delicate fragile brains.

So here they were called "Hero" Turtles.

Like they still had swords and nunchucks and beat the lard out of guys and stuff, the cartoons were'nt cut or anything. They just weren't called Ninjas.

Originally posted by Pantone247
oh Thomas, you'll love this, here in The Ireland, and The UK the powers that be decided the word "Ninja" was just waaayy to hardcore for the childrens delicate fragile brains.

Like they still had swords and nunchucks and beat the lard out of guys and stuff, the cartoons were'nt cut or anything. They just weren't called Ninjas.

the bbc never showed Michelangelo with nunchuckzez and always cut to him swinging some lame grappling hook or some shit. i read it somewhere wance. you can read about it here:
http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/nunchaka.htm

i remember in sixth class, sean smith got caught playing turtles under the desk during a maths test. dopiest guy in the class!

peace in the middle east,

andrew

Originally posted by Pantone247

Sorry about that...I should have realized that Uncle_Meat wasn't referring to the U.S. My fuck up.

T

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
that was a 3 part ad.
1) kid drowns in pool while mother is on phone
2) kid drowns in oil drum to the horror of pantone's grandad and the "other guy"
3) family goto river. grandad sleeps in chair. radio blares.
next shot: boy asks where's grandad? radio still blares.
next shot: boy and man are fencing off the river
The radio! Fuck! That takes me back. How do you remember this so well? You don't have a sly copy of same?

The radio! Fuck! That takes me back. How do you remember this so well? You don't have a sly copy of same?

unfortunately no.
Or at least I don't think so.
unless it's on the end of a video cassette taped unknowningly after a film ends or something,
I do have TV heaven footage scattered across tapes. from at last tv,
plus the entire 1970s Reeling In The Years series. Some good ads on them.

did someone say...

MIAMI VICE?!
index.jpg

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
how come your pics come up auto-matically

and others have to be clicked on or "downloaded"??

ones that come up automatically are stored elsewhere on the net (IMG tag used to stick them in).

The one's residing on the thumped board are the attached files i.e. ones downloadable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back