Secret thread - no girls allowed (1 Viewer)

here lads, this thread needs remasculinising

IM000931.jpg

Discuss.

Bag'o'cans said:
It was all a lie whimper whimper. Oh god my mascara's running.
Urban Decay make a really good waterproof mascara that doesn't irritate sensitive eyes. Have you tried that one?

I tried one by Lola, but not only did it hurt my eyes, the brush broke off the end of the applicator after about two months, rendering it useless. That's when I picked up the Benefit Bad Gal, and I've been happy ever since.

I really like loreal's 2 step one, with the white and the black wands. Mostly because I have about 40 coloured mascaras and using white as a base really peps them up. Oh yes. I keep meaning to get bad gal lash though, mostly for the packaging.

jane said:
Urban Decay make a really good waterproof mascara that doesn't irritate sensitive eyes. Have you tried that one?

the skyscraper one? That is fantastic, oh yes.

kirstie said:
I really like loreal's 2 step one, with the white and the black wands. Mostly because I have about 40 coloured mascaras and using white as a base really peps them up. Oh yes. I keep meaning to get bad gal lash though, mostly for the packaging.
Bad Gal is fantastic. It's got this really fat brush that works wonders. I love it. The Urban Decay one has a weird-shaped brush that I like, too. I was not aware of this 2-step thing...sounds interesting.

Actually, any recommendations on clear mascara? There are some days when I don't want to make them all massive, just highlight them a little bit, and go for that 'dewy' look. I've never found one I liked.

no, I don't think they work, so I stopped buying clear stuff years ago. Apparently vaseline is just as good, and it conditions as wel.

The loreal one is the same sort of thing as the bourgeois one - it's got 2 ends, one white and one black. The theory is that if you apply the white first it plumps up your lashes, and when you put the black one over it, va va voom! It does work actually, I like its ways.

Super Dexta said:
jimmy magee has this amazing botanics facial scrub and moisturiser. i'm always a-stealing them when i shower at his house.
LIIIIEEEESSSS all LIIIIEEESSSS
Super Dexta said:
most of the boys i've known put me to shame with their collections of beautifying products.
it shows...

You could always get it in the bigger Boots. In fact, have you ever been to Boots in Liffey Valley? It's like makeup heaven, they have about 400 different makeup counters, oh, I love its ways.

jane said:
Yup. I used to use 'Gotham'. Rockingly good. People used to actually stop and ask me what I used, so great is it. I stopped using it because I didn't think you could get it in Ireland, but they sell it in Roches now. Hooray!

kirstie said:
no, I don't think they work, so I stopped buying clear stuff years ago. Apparently vaseline is just as good, and it conditions as wel.

The loreal one is the same sort of thing as the bourgeois one - it's got 2 ends, one white and one black. The theory is that if you apply the white first it plumps up your lashes, and when you put the black one over it, va va voom! It does work actually, I like its ways.
Hmmm...that sounds good. I might give it a shot. I use a similar principle for eyeshadow. I got LemonAid, which I sometimes use on its own, just to brighten my eyes when I don't want to put any colour on them, but it's really good as a base to bring out eyeshadow colours. It also helps them stay on longer, especially lighter colours. My favourite combo is LemonAid with my sparkly light green liquid shadow from MAC.

kirstie said:
You could always get it in the bigger Boots. In fact, have you ever been to Boots in Liffey Valley? It's like makeup heaven, they have about 400 different makeup counters, oh, I love its ways.
No, I haven't! Oh my, oh my, must get myself to Liffey Valley. That sounds like almost as much fun as Sephora. Ok, nothing is as much fun as Sephora, but it'd probably feature a bit more variety of the reasonably-priced stuff.

I keep meaning to get lemonaid. Does it really tone down dark shadows and stuff? One of my sisters is obsessed with it, but I haven't tried it.

Ah, there truly is nothing more satisfying than talking about makeup.

jane said:
Hmmm...that sounds good. I might give it a shot. I use a similar principle for eyeshadow. I got LemonAid, which I sometimes use on its own, just to brighten my eyes when I don't want to put any colour on them, but it's really good as a base to bring out eyeshadow colours. It also helps them stay on longer, especially lighter colours. My favourite combo is LemonAid with my sparkly light green liquid shadow from MAC.

Ohh they have everything. All the posh counters at the front (Lancome and Dior etc), and then Benefit, Urban Decay, Hard Candy, Rubie and Millie, Kiss, and then the regulars like Rimmel, Max Factor, No 17 etc etc etc.

jane said:
No, I haven't! Oh my, oh my, must get myself to Liffey Valley. That sounds like almost as much fun as Sephora. Ok, nothing is as much fun as Sephora, but it'd probably feature a bit more variety of the reasonably-priced stuff.

Sorry for bein the one to begin the end of youser thread girls, I'm glad to see youse have been proactive enough to claim this one for yourselves. Well done! Good girruls!

kirstie said:
I keep meaning to get lemonaid. Does it really tone down dark shadows and stuff? One of my sisters is obsessed with it, but I haven't tried it.

Ah, there truly is nothing more satisfying than talking about makeup.
I really love the stuff. It's one of those brilliant Benefit products that can be used in a way that's really subtle, or to help you push the very limits of glam. I don't know if it tones down dark shadows, but it makes them look more uniform. I tend to use a different base for dark shadow, though I've used LemonAid as a base for my liquid MAC black one, and it gives it a nice finish.

Talking about makeup is the best. I find it even more pleasurable than talking about clothes, shoes, or even handbags.

Have you tried High Beam? I love that stuff. It's great in summer, when I tend to wear less makeup. It just makes you glow a little, but not in a shiny way.

nope, I don't have many benefit products actually, only 3 or 4. is it liquid blush stuff?? I am very fond of shelack though, such a versatile product - and it'd need to be, at 28 euro for 10 ml.

kirstie said:
nope, I don't have many benefit products actually, only 3 or 4. is it liquid blush stuff?? I am very fond of shelack though, such a versatile product - and it'd need to be, at 28 euro for 10 ml.
I use both Benetint and High Beam, but I don't use the latter as often as I used to. Benetint is really versatile, and you can use it on your lips as well (I like it as a tinted base for a gloss or shiny lipstick), and lasts for ages. I use it every day, and the bottle I have has lasted probably two years.

High Beam is a liquid that's sort of pinky, but really sutble. It's fabulous, especially for days when you don't really want to wear makeup, but don't want your skin to look tired.

Is Shelack the thing that secures makeup? I don't have that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back