Secret Thread- No Boys Allowed (1 Viewer)

Zita said:
I don't pluck my eyebrows as often as I ought to, because of the patience it requires not to make a shit of it. But oh man oh man, I got an awesome tweezers in a cosmetics store in Paris recently. It's a very scary shape but it's great. I plucked my eyebrows properly the other day and they've never looked better. Like anyone notices such things.

I love the girly board. I mean, uh, Lifestyles board.
perv.

pete said:
First of all, use a good day cream / moisturiser to prevent them getting any worse in the cold weather. Use a concealer stick under makeup to reduce their appearance.

They can be treated in a salon with electrolysis - this will cauterise the broken vein(s). A 15 minute treatment will probably do the trick.

So there.
Aoife I asked and what Pete says here is all true. My mate says you can actually inherit broken veins so some people can be more at risk of getting them them than others are. So if broken veins run in your family try and avoid mad long booze sessions if you can.

cassette/tape said:
I can't wait until i open my sex shop for Women. it's gonna have Merkins, Sex tips, Waxing, and all that stuff.

i'm going to call it Clit'R'us.
excuse my lack of worldlyness but,

merkins??

here, my mask of knowledgeability crumbles and i have to confess...i have no idea.

us and estel played with a band called merkins before though. they weren't very good.

Super Dexta said:
here, my mask of knowledgeability crumbles and i have to confess...i have no idea.

us and estel played with a band called merkins before though. they weren't very good.
hhhm,

i'm creeped out and intrigued in equal measure. must keep
ad this to my list of things to investigate further.

it goes back to elizabethan times apparently. They were fond of women who were hirsute around the gee area. Peaches is also a fan.

kirstie said:
it goes back to elizabethan times apparently. They were fond of women who were hirsute around the gee area. Peaches is also a fan.
Mirkins were like the wonderbras of the back then, then? I wonder did they have some way of hinting at the magnificence of theirs, the way us today ladies show off our baps and legs.

oh wow, i only saw this thread now.
:) yay!!!:)
mac studio fix powder is the business, i've convinced three people of this fact and now we all use it. it's a bit expensive but it lasts for ages and it's much better for your skin than foundation or cheap powders.
i've never used blusher but only because i don't know how, same goes for eyeshadow. i own a shocking amount of eyeshadow for someone who doesn't use it, but i've no idea how to apply it so i don't look like a clown, any tips? this is fun, i have the pleasure of kinda knowing a couple of the girls on this board and they are so deadly, i imagine the others (kirstie, zita, spiritualtramp etc.) are also very cool so i don't feel weird asking about makeup and stuff.
i'd like to hang out with girls more, i think i'd be a saner person if i did, i always feel more grounded after spending time with my best girl bud, but she lives far away....... maybe checking in here once or twice a day will do me good:p

i know that you should be smart about what colours you use depending on how pale/dark you are etc., but i don't know what those rules are.......em.......i don't actually know where you're supposed to put it, i imagine there are lots of options depending on what you're going for but again....i know nothing.
i've blonde hair, blue eyes and i've got fairly pale skin but i get a tan if i'm in the sun long enough.......can you work with any of that?

SadieOutlaw said:
i know that you should be smart about what colours you use depending on how pale/dark you are etc., but i don't know what those rules are.......em.......i don't actually know where you're supposed to put it, i imagine there are lots of options depending on what you're going for but again....i know nothing.
i've blonde hair, blue eyes and i've got fairly pale skin but i get a tan if i'm in the sun long enough.......can you work with any of that?
'Course I can! I know what you look like!

One of the simplest rules of eye makeup is that light colours make your features look larger, and dark ones make them look smaller. Bright ones can do either, depending on what you do with them. I'd use a creamy base (like LemonAid, or a cream base -- I have a pearly grey-green one from MAC that I like), which will help the colour look more solid, and keep it from going all clumpy. Also, an angled brush (MAC make some fabulous ones) will help you put it on evenly. You'd be shocked and delighted to see the difference a good brush makes. I don't wear eyeshadow every day, but I do use the base on its own. It just highlights things a bit, but it doesn't take much time and it isn't overpowering.

As for colours, I think it's cool to do whatever strikes your fancy. Pink eyeshadow with a blue top, sparkly green with a pink skirt, etc. I tend to look at colours that I might match in clothing, and then take it one step further. I imagine that you'd be into smoky colours, too, for times when you want something subtle, or for when your lipstick is particularly exciting (unless you're really trying to glam up -- which can result in a hookery appearance -- I'd only use bold colours on one or the other). I'm a fan of sparkly light green MAC liquid stuff I have. You might do well with a green shadow? You might find that really light pinks and reddish tones won't go so well with your skin, but just check out what you see other people with your skin tone wearing, and see what you think might suit you.

Where you put it is, again, up to you. Close your eye gently, so it doesn't crease up. I start at the bottom of my eyelid, in the corner closest to my nose, and bring the brush across. I follow the line of my eyelid, and then fill in the inner bit a little more, then blend it to make it more even. You don't want to overdo it, or you'll get clumps on the crease of your eyelid after a few hours. No matter what you do, it's bound to look a lot less awesome after a night in the pub.

Is that any help? There aren't really any unbreakable rules when it comes to makeup. I'll bet Kirstie has some good tips, too. Her eyes always look deadly.

I don't know how rules based you need to be - I don't think red eyeshadow suits ANYONE to be honest but pale shades should really suit everyone (everyone white that is). Apparently lilac suits all hair and eye colours and opens up the eye and makes your eyes brighter bla de bla but I would never wear lilac as I would feel like granny-extraordinaire. So, if you're not really sure what suits you, or you feel a bit like a circus klown wearing a lot of colour when you're not used to it, I would say start with lovely coloured eyeliners. If you're blonde and pale this would look excellent on you, applied right across the lid above the lashes, in a thin line. I have some MAC ones and they're gorgeous and really easy to use. If you like liquid eyeliner, Rubie and Millie do a killer one which is foolproof.

Oh yes, and a bit of white shadow on the brow bone (just below your eyebrows) well blended down will add a highlight, and then mascara. You will look fabilis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back