Secret Thread- No Boys Allowed (1 Viewer)

jane said:
What's the L'oreal thing? My mother's been on about some L'oreal stuff she's started using, and how her skin looks better than it has in ages. She mentioned an eye cream as well, but I have no more detail than that.

Oh right - some new self-dermabrasian thing! You do it twice a week and apparently it refines the top level o your skin. I wonder does it work though? Also, I bet it's about a million quid. I got a 'treatment' on my hair the other day which involved the stylist slapping some stuff onto it and then charging my 25 quid extra. Hmmmm.

oh i'm okay now, weird. earlier it was like [censored for grossness] and then i [censored for grossness] and i just couldn't BELIEVE it it was all [censored for grossness] but now i'm [censored for grossness] and it's grand.

jane said:
various stuff [i fucked up the quote and i can't cut and paste to make it bettah - damn firefox]
it's mad the amount of period pain some people get. i tend to get mild but uncomfortable cramps, if anything. but i've had friends who had to dose up on so much feminax that they were like zombies. and others who just couldn't move at all from the pain. ym ma used get migraines that put her in bed for three days. tis insane.
being on the pill helps lots though.

Super Dexta said:
oh i'm okay now, weird. earlier it was like [censored for grossness] and then i [censored for grossness] and i just couldn't BELIEVE it it was all [censored for grossness] but now i'm [censored for grossness] and it's grand.
gross.

I find that taking evening primrose oil helps a bit with cramping, but my pain isn't really 'cramps', just all-over, throbbing agony. Painkillers help a little, and it's usually gone after a day. I don't get it all the time, either, so it's really 6 or 7 times a year, and not the end of the world.

I used to get pain that was ten times worse, where I was pretty much bedridden for 36 hours or so. I remember once having to drive from NYC to western Maryland while in the throes of such pain. What was normally a 3-4 hour drive took 7 hours, so often did I have to stop and writhe. Ick.

Regular exercise and lots of water help loads with the pain, but I still can't manage to not be totally mental for a few days every month. Right in the middle of my cycle and then right before my period starts. Black cohosh is pretty good, but you have to take it all through the month, as you do with the EP oil.

jane said:
I find that taking evening primrose oil helps a bit with cramping, but my pain isn't really 'cramps', just all-over, throbbing agony. Painkillers help a little, and it's usually gone after a day. I don't get it all the time, either, so it's really 6 or 7 times a year, and not the end of the world.

I used to get pain that was ten times worse, where I was pretty much bedridden for 36 hours or so. I remember once having to drive from NYC to western Maryland while in the throes of such pain. What was normally a 3-4 hour drive took 7 hours, so often did I have to stop and writhe. Ick.

Regular exercise and lots of water help loads with the pain, but I still can't manage to not be totally mental for a few days every month. Right in the middle of my cycle and then right before my period starts. Black cohosh is pretty good, but you have to take it all through the month, as you do with the EP oil.
i'm so glad i have a willy.

ouch.

Super Dexta said:
I'm at home sick with a dose o the runs. earlier it was like [censored for grossness] and then i [censored for grossness] and i just couldn't BELIEVE it it was all [censored for grossness] but now i'm [censored for grossness] and it's grand.

<Comes running in, gasping for breath> I'm here!! I'm here! A thread just for girls! Deadly! I love wearing make-up, all different sorts, all at the same time. Except when I'm hungover, then I don't wear any make-up, cos if I do my hair and make-up and still look like shite, it makes me feel sad.

Zita said:
<Comes running in, gasping for breath> I'm here!! I'm here! A thread just for girls! Deadly! I love wearing make-up, all different sorts, all at the same time. Except when I'm hungover, then I don't wear any make-up, cos if I do my hair and make-up and still look like shite, it makes me feel sad.
I think the other thread is the the girls' one now.

Could this be some sort of comment about the increasing fluidity of gender in these fragmented postmodern times???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

no.

Jimmy Magee said:
I think the other thread is the the girls' one now.

Could this be some sort of comment about the increasing fluidity of gender in these fragmented postmodern times???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Zita said:
Hangovers are a great opportunity for doing all those exfoliating/rejuvenating treatments that take a bit of time. It's all about the pampering. And baths.

Makeup rules. Oh, and Zita, Kirstie and I have also commandeered the 'boys'' thread with mascara talk, so don't be shy.

jane said:
Hangovers are a great opportunity for doing all those exfoliating/rejuvenating treatments that take a bit of time. It's all about the pampering. And baths.
It's all about crisps and Yazoo and hats for me.

I got my hair done a while ago and now it can't be tied up on a bad hair day, so I've become a hat fanatic. I was Xmas shopping last week and I picked myself up a divine hat in Monsoon Accessorize that I haven't taken off since. My friends are complaining that I don't hang out with them anymore, that I only ever spend time with my hat. And when they do get to see me, I'm with my hat. I got kinda touchy with them because I don't understand why they can't just be happy for me. I told one of them that she was so uptight, she could use a good hat herself.

Zita said:
It's all about crisps and Yazoo and hats for me.

I got my hair done a while ago and now it can't be tied up on a bad hair day, so I've become a hat fanatic. I was Xmas shopping last week and I picked myself up a divine hat in Monsoon Accessorize that I haven't taken off since. My friends are complaining that I don't hang out with them anymore, that I only ever spend time with my hat. And when they do get to see me, I'm with my hat. I got kinda touchy with them because I can't understand why they can't jut be happy for me. I told one of them that she was so uptight that she coud use a good hat herself.
I have a green furry hat that makes me look forward to winter. I love it more than I love most people. I have a few others I like, but I have a freakishly small head, and find hats very difficult to buy. Most of them look silly on me, so it makes me sad. Someday I will have my little lady accessories company, where I make nice small hats, headbands, bracelets, rings, etc, for those of us of little proportions.

I'm glad for you and your hat. Most people go their whole lives without ever knowing the sheer joy of the right hat.

jane said:
I have a green furry hat that makes me look forward to winter. I love it more than I love most people. I have a few others I like, but I have a freakishly small head, and find hats very difficult to buy. Most of them look silly on me, so it makes me sad. Someday I will have my little lady accessories company, where I make nice small hats, headbands, bracelets, rings, etc, for those of us of little proportions.

I'm glad for you and your hat. Most people go their whole lives without ever knowing the sheer joy of the right hat.
Yeah, I thought my last hat was 'the one' for a long time, but it's the real thing with this one. When you know, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back