Sebadoh Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Discuss

some dude

New album on the way buh

Reissue of Weed Forestin' coming soon too, according to Lou on the forum.

Seen them three times, last time in Whelans with Gaffney a couple of years ago when they were touring together was great. Other two were in the Mean Fiddler, first time in 1996, I think.

Weed Forestin' to Bakesale are all classics, after that, I kinda lost interest. Spent a lot of time picking up a various Barlow offshoot releases over the years, much chaff amongst the wheat. Rockin' the Forest and III are probably my favourites.

They did the last ever gig in the Mean Fiddler. It was very poorly attended, it was amazing.

I think I might have been at this - was it the one where he started the Oi chant in the middle of it?

Jason had some crackers alright, including this one:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They were never all about Lou - They always shared songwriting duties, even with the transient members. I guess his songs are more immediate. Jason songs hit you live & you realize how awesome they really are when they kind of pass you by on record... but the get "in" somehow.

They were never all about Lou - They always shared songwriting duties, even with the transient members. I guess his songs are more immediate. Jason songs hit you live & you realize how awesome they really are when they kind of pass you by on record... but the get "in" somehow.

Ah yeah, totally. I just meant, for a lot of people, they were all about Lou, especially his ballads.
It's mad how Snow Patrol nicked the formula, added some shine and made zillions out of it. All about the timing I guess.

I remember at one Dublin gig, somebody clambered on stage, hung back with arms aloft, before finally deciding to stage dive. It was during Soul and Fire. Lou was giving out about their hesitation to jump - "if you're gonna dive, dive! Don't hang around".

Ah yeah, totally. I just meant, for a lot of people, they were all about Lou, especially his ballads.
It's mad how Snow Patrol nicked the formula, added some shine and made zillions out of it. All about the timing I guess.

I remember at one Dublin gig, somebody clambered on stage, hung back with arms aloft, before finally deciding to stage dive. It was during Soul and Fire. Lou was giving out about their hesitation to jump - "if you're gonna dive, dive! Don't hang around".

Rock Garden 1994? Coudda been me.

I was obsessed with 'em from about 1993 to 1996. Rarely play the records now - must revisit them. Also accumulated a lot of offshoot / solo bits too - courtesy of FREEBIRD.

Rock Garden 1994? Coudda been me.

I was obsessed with 'em from about 1993 to 1996. Rarely play the records now - must revisit them. Also accumulated a lot of offshoot / solo bits too - courtesy of FREEBIRD.

Ha! Fair play being at the Rock Garden gig. Missed that one. No, this was about 8-10 years ago. Maybe Mean Fiddler. I think stage diver was a girl. She did a little dance before diving, right as Lou sang "I think our love is comin to an end".

I was mad into them just before Harmacy was released. Used to bang on about what a great name for an album it was. The missing P! Wore the t-shirt to bits...

Proud to say that I'm almost positive I've been at every show Lou has ever played here no matter the incarnation.

Right on. It pisses me off so much when I'm listening to Sebadoh and someone asks "Hay, is that Snow Patrol?" GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

getting the freed man l.p. in '91 changed music for me.

saw them in london in '93 when they got so pissed off w stage divers that bob and lou beat up one guy before throwing him back into the audience.

did the fanboy thing before the rock garden gig, got invited to hang for the soundcheck. the soundman asked "just the four if yiz then?" - made up. still have the boot of that somewhere (nlgbbblbth clear as a bell, iirc.)

been digitising old barlow tapes lately. better than i anticipated. shout if anyone needs any of the shrimper ones (losers/most of the worst.../wasted pieces).

Proud to say that I'm almost positive I've been at every show Lou has ever played here no matter the incarnation.

I missed 4.
Rock Garden (ignorant), That Whelan's one as a two piece (sick), Dinosaur Jr in the Acamedy (stupidness) and Dinosaur Jr at Electric Picnic (Friday EP difficulties).

Best ones: The above Mean Fiddler gig, The New Folk Implosion in TBMC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back