Screening of Salad Days Documentary: July 24th (1 Viewer)

xrockridgex

Posting this in Eirecore too but:

Niall Mc, Paul (unsure of his name on here) and myself are looking to organise a screening of the Salad Days documentary on DC Hardcore on July 6th. Trying to confirm time and venue right now but stick it in your calendar.

Here's their site: Salad Days | A Decade of Punk in Washington, DC (1980-90)

And the trailer:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Posting this in Eirecore too but:

Niall Mc, Paul (unsure of his name on here) and myself are looking to organise a screening of the Salad Days documentary on DC Hardcore on July 6th. Trying to confirm time and venue right now but stick it in your calendar.

Here's their site: Salad Days | A Decade of Punk in Washington, DC (1980-90)

And the trailer:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sugar Club?

bdd_sellout_082112.jpg

That was enjoyable but the amount of screen time devoted to Ian MacKaye / Minor Threat etc was exactly what people were complaining about at the time - they were sucking up everyone else's oxygen, (by proxy, to be fair). One quote from Craig Wedren and 5 seconds of STT music ... sigh!! Disproportionately little music from many people who did actually get to speak at some length too.

(I've not seen the movie) But given it covers up to '90,I wouldn't imagine much time to be given to Shudder To Think.
They formed in '86 and were certainly a part of that 'revolution summer' thing. I'd have thought their first album had come out sooner than '89 but there you go. It's a personal gripe anyhow - I'd say a few people could make the same complaint on behalf of quite a few other bands

I definitely would think of them as a band who came after revolution summer,likely heavily influenced by it. Also maybe the fact that they didn't form with ex members of notable bands so they would have been "new kids".
Anyway,I'm sure there'll be favourites of mine who get little coverage(Swiz?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back