Scott Walker (1 Viewer)

What do yis think of Soused? So far so good, better than Bish Bosch I think, that one never grew on me.
new album?

Gonna check it out right now if I can

Bish Bosh sucked

What do yis think of Soused? So far so good, better than Bish Bosch I think, that one never grew on me.

It's not out yet is it? How have you heard it?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

.. looking forward to this... these are always fascinating albums - I still have greatest fondness for TILT as it was the major paradigm shift and had a huge impact on me at the time of its release... from then on it was expected that what came after would be largely experimental...

...and it's understandable that rabid, salivating reviews can be off-putting - they make it seem that an album of Mr Walker picking his teeth would be declared genius... Clearly, his status as an innovator is made more interesting given his past... he could, after all, be on a stage in Vegas this very night singing Montague Terrace in Blue and Lights of Cincinnati for the 10,000th time and being paid a lot more handsomely for it than for making erratic TV appearances to promote his art...

...auld fellas into vintage Walker Brothers would not be impressed...

Incidentally, about 2 years ago the NCH approached him about doing something - no doubt they presented him with the offer without a brief - you don't exactly tell Scott Walker what to do and get anything remotely as you might have imagined... with this in mind, if there is a touring entity then there's at least a connection that might suggest a remote possibility of it happening here... there again, it's Scott Walker... nothing is certain.

I have this on order though I don't know why I bothered. I can only put SunnO))) on when I'm alone in the house - wife won't have it - and I know for a fact she's going to hate this.

I love the harpsichord parts. Makes me think of spies in eastern european cities.

I listened to it earlier on the ear buds walking about town..absolutely great!

Its real fresh sounding

I'm on a major Scott Walker buzz at the minute.Even the shite is great!
Did you ever watch the documentary on him, 30 Century Man? It's fecking deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back