Scott Walker (1 Viewer)

nlgbbbblth said:
anyone out there a fan?

any opinion, favourite lps

3 & 4 for me anyway

this looks good

Yes. Scott Walker rules my world. You have to love the Walker Brothers as well.
That box set looks deadly - only 35 snots too. This is why I don't have a credit card.
If you buy this nibble bit we'll have to come to some sort of piracy arrangement whereby you tape this for me, ya?

Think 3 is me favourite. When the band comes in is deadly too.
Not much unavailable on that box set.
And Man From Reno in't too deadly anyroad.

"Scott 4" is my fave although Scott 3 is fantastic also. All the material on "4" though, is self-penned. Every track is great.

It is actually worth geting 1 and 2 also - they have some amazing stuff on them both. Also, "Climate of Hunter" and "Tilt" are worth checking out from later years - much different kettles of angular and obscure fish though.

Its definitely got to be 4 for me.

I listen to it all the time : every song is incredible : the orchestration blows my mind : and the pompous-ness of some of the lyrics!

The Boy Child compliation would be a good place to start for anyone not familiar with his stuff.

d.

yeah iv wanted that boxset since i saw it on amazon. i just bought the 'sings jacques brel album' for a tenner in tower last week which is fantastic and nobody mentioned it yet :( its nice to have all the jacques brel songs on the one disc i think. but yeah, scott 4 is generally acknowledged as the best. what is tilt like? iv seen it in hmv and alwasy been too broke to buy it....

....and i noticed the song 'the plague' inspired by the camus book on the box set...is this available on any of the other albums/releases?

Psychotic no 2 said:
My colleague just told me that Ian Dempsey played No Regrets this morning. Maybe I will start listening to radio in the mornings.
this is something i have often contemplated and even once or thrice dared to do ,take my advice and bring yer walkman coz these morning shows are for the dull minded ,although marian finucane is really hi brow,(sorry i meant a boring ole fart who gets paid to much). if thats yer thang.or just forget about the rest of mankind in the morning thats what i try to do but with 40 mins of n11 travel to encounter its almost impossible.

highnigh said:
this is something i have often contemplated and even once or thrice dared to do ,take my advice and bring yer walkman coz these morning shows are for the dull minded ,although marian finucane is really hi brow,(sorry i meant a boring ole fart who gets paid to much). if thats yer thang.or just forget about the rest of mankind in the morning thats what i try to do but with 40 mins of n11 travel to encounter its almost impossible.

No, I don't think it's worth listening to the radio just in the very slim hope that somebody might play something great (needle in the haystack n'all that).

I'm a discman girl for sure, although maybe I should stop listening to music altogether on the walk to work as I nearly got run over to the strains of Chan Marshall this morning. *sigh*

:) Glen Campbell was arrested for drink-driving and when he was chucked in the cell he sang 'Rhinestone Cowboy' at the top of his voice. He also asked the police, "Do you know who I am?". Or so The Mirror says.

Glen Campbell, my hero.

Cathal Coughlan - All Hail! - did a great cover of Long About Now on Berties Brochures. Lest we forget the great cover of Richard Thompson's The Great Valerio lest lest.........

2_21_campbell_glenn_dui.jpg

yah gots ta love the backwards base ball cap

Hi-5! for Glenn

eclectichoney said:
....and i noticed the song 'the plague' inspired by the camus book on the box set...is this available on any of the other albums/releases?

It's on Boy Child and the b side to the Jackie single.

always bring a copy of boy child & after the lights go out (walker bros comp) with me wherever i go... girls from the street is my fave song to sing in the shower. great singer, great songs. genius!

Pantone247 said:
2_21_campbell_glenn_dui.jpg

yah gots ta love the backwards base ball cap

Hi-5! for Glenn
I recon the camera guy is thinking:

"Nuts, I cant get a good angle I'm going to have to get bill to superimpose his face on the back of his head from old stock footage... I love it when they wear their headgear the wrong way round"

PS. I Guess I'm Dumb by Glen produced by Brian Wilson is one of the most beautiful tunes ever... Fact

dya get it in tower? the girl said they got in one but it was damaged and sent it back? how much was it?

nlgbbbblth said:
CD3 of this box plays in one channel only - i.e. one speaker

have tried 4 different players and a discman

bringing it back tomorrow and they don't have another copy

cunts

Psychotic no 2 said:
No, I don't think it's worth listening to the radio just in the very slim hope that somebody might play something great (needle in the haystack n'all that).

I haven't felt any motivation to listen to the radio in a long time, don't know why, i know there's some good stuff on there late at night(donal dineen, jay aherne when he was on, and...... i dunno really).
I'm usually a walkman boy, but mine's broken so i'm a minidisc boy at the moment. I've never really given scott walker the time i know he deserves, he's on my list of things to devote more time to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back