scary guy at my door (1 Viewer)

therecklessone said:
Why, has Christy Dignam moved in?

Here, whats the story with Aslan releasing Crazy World in aid of the Beslan survivors, haven't they suffered enough?
even mentioning dignam or aslan is a mistake.

nlgbbbblth said:
used work with a guy who claimed the best nights of his life were seeing Aslan in the Sallynoggin Inn.
Mate of mine used to work with a guy who couldn't walk and talk at the same time. I feel less sorry for him than I do for your mate.

Seriously but, your man couldn't do the two at the same time. Some medical condition, all the lads he worked with used to take the piss by shouting at him when he'd be walking across the factory floor, he'd answer them and fall over.

therecklessone said:
Mate of mine used to work with a guy who couldn't walk and talk at the same time. I feel less sorry for him than I do for your mate.

Seriously but, your man couldn't do the two at the same time. Some medical condition, all the lads he worked with used to take the piss by shouting at him when he'd be walking across the factory floor, he'd answer them and fall over.
hahahahaha funniest thing ever!

therecklessone said:
EDENMORE RULES OK!

Anyone remember seeing that all round the city back in the early 80s?
Holy shite. Edenmore is my parish. Saying I'm from Raheny, while technically accurate given that Edenmore is in Raheny, is kinda not giving a true reflection of the situation. Though I'm not technically from Edenmore either, I'm from an adjacent road and went to school an' all there an' stuff.
!baggyyyy.....

Yeah see Snaky's gonna laugh at this stuff and call us all stupid Donaghmede-type hooers (sic) but it's more complex and parochial than meets the eye. My road alone takes in three different parishes. :confused:

But yeah, my brother has seen Edenmore AOK in more European cities than you would probably believe. He even saw it scribbled on the Berlin wall, no joke.

i used to shop in tesco's in kilbarrack (18 years ago) back when tesco's was like LIDL, which was replaced by KVI which was replaced by crazy prices.

that was a grim little shopping centre, although not as grim as edenmore, which is itself not as grim as Corduff shopping centre, which could be the scene for a post-apocalyptic movie set in a shopping centre beset by beastly hooded glue-sniffing youths and frightful perms with prams and baby walkers and giant brassy spangly earrings.

therecklessone said:
Did you shop in Crazy Prices in Kilbarrack Roxy?
Why but yes, I did, with my mammy. I was her helper like. I still remember the lopped songs they had on a Friday evening. Suddenly by Billy Ocean, this whistling duet thing, and others... I still see some of the same people working there, like 15 years later..

ah good old crazy prices, quinnsworth and KVI. I met the guy who owned crazy prices and quinnsworth...or at least one of them. why was it that crazy prices was invariably a maze from which you could never escape!?

i always thought they should have sang the crazy prices song to the theme of thundercats

crazy crazy , crazy prices. crazy prices' here
avernus said:
ah good old crazy prices, quinnsworth and KVI. I met the guy who owned crazy prices and quinnsworth...or at least one of them. why was it that crazy prices was invariably a maze from which you could never escape!?

roxy said:
Why but yes, I did, with my mammy. I was her helper like. I still remember the lopped songs they had on a Friday evening. Suddenly by Billy Ocean, this whistling duet thing, and others... I still see some of the same people working there, like 15 years later..
Do you remember the silver-haired aul fella who ran the fruit and veg section? Robbie?

He was my aul fella he was.

aslan played the trinity freshers ball there last week, billed as their "comeback show". i thought they'd just managed to get back from the west-dublin pub circuit without christy getting too fucked up to move, but apparantly he'd been in thailand in rehab, same place as the dude from the libertines. aah, skagheads

Edenmore AOK
i realise dragging up this thread is probably pointless since most of the posters aren't watching anymore. however, i was having a conversation with a coworker last night and he said he was from edemore. i was saying that i used to see "edenmore aok" graffitti'd everywhere as a kid. i saw it written on the eiffel tower on a school trip, even. i've always wondered about the "aok" bit though - anyone know what that stood for? a google search for "edenmore" brought e back to thumped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back