Satanism & Freemasonary in Ireland (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
Anyone well versed in the ways of Satanism??

Anyway, the early days with serious discussion was pretty damn interesting - 1800`s - with comments on the topic by Baudelaire, Rimbaud, and the other decadent writers.
With Aleister Crowley shaking things up in the early 1900`s(i had dreams about him alot a while back too), and before him JK Huysmans - La Bas(down there), a book about about Satanism, childkillers, and black mass`s in late 1800`s Paris, influencing the Satanism practices/black mass`s.

"Là-Bas[FONT=Times New Roman, adobe-times, Times] was accepted at face value by many readers as being a true story. It became a key work in promoting the sensational mythology of the Black Mass."[/FONT]

The decadent writers, symbolist painters, Crowley, and Huysmans - all very interesting characters even today, and even a sense of humour:

"Huysman's 'La Bas' was written entirely about me. He was even thoughtful enough to do it thirty years before I was born. I was very touched by the attention."
[FONT=Times New Roman, adobe-times, Times] Letter to Jane Wolfe from Aleister Crowley [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, adobe-times, Times] dated November 20th 1928.[/FONT]

TODAY:
So we have the Church of Satan online now: http://www.churchofsatan.com/ , man the main entry page is a tacky as hell(pun pun).And it seems that dressing black metal style is the token dress code - what was wrong with the tweed jackets, trench coats the guys in the 1800`s wore?More unsettleing i thought.
We have the Church of satan having exhibitions in CBGBS and at the Seattle Erotic Festival - going too far???!!??
And this event is sold out, i`m sure they`ll be selling popcorn & the works at this...:
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6-6-6 Event[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Our event on June 6, 2006 C.E. in Los Angeles—The Satanic High Mass—has been completely sold out! Tickets were snapped-up in one week. More details regarding what will take place for those who will be attending shall be revealed to the public in due time.[/FONT]

Have they totally lost the plot?What would Nick himself think of all this tomfoolary??

More respect to them: Freemasonry
The freemasons, so this is the serious shit right?
Alot of famous people were members back in the 1800`s, from Joyce to Crowley himself,
Now in Ireland, they`re online! http://www.irish-freemasons.org/

But this site looks pretty unthreating to me!Golf days out?
Theres a Lodge just down the road from where i live..

Anyone know whats going on with Freemasonary in Ireland??Any members on thumped??

"The members of all the Cork lodges meet at the Masonic Hall for Coffee on Friday mornings at 10.45 where potential or interested members of the public are most welcome......Just knock on the door!
We want to meet YOU."

Damn!!
I think i`ll have to go along and say 'Whats up lads!??)

Check the freemasons site there, it has regional links.

You from/in cork?
Well theres a lodge right off grand parade.
Its on the corner of the park, across the street from hillbillies fast food which is on the other corner....on the same street as the Quad, The Oval, Sinners bar...actually its directly across the road from the Christian Bookshop...if you know it...
You`ll see the plaque on the door, freemasons of ireland lodge.

Rimbaud said:
Its on the corner of the park, across the street from hillbillies fast food which is on the other corner....

All the lads probably pop out for the 2 for 1 snack box special on the Tuesday.

Strange that I've never spotted that there before.

Theyre on Molesworth st. those Freemasons are. Hard to know what goes on behind closed doors, but also hard to care. I imagine at this stage all they do now is spend all their time playing backgammon and telling ghost stories around a fire on member weekends away.

I keep meaning to go and say hello, actually. Dad's in the club (elsewhere) and my grandpappy and his pappy before him were too, so apparently there's some sort of tradition to uphold. I imagine I'd be the only person under 45 though, I gather they have a slight problem with their age profile...

i had to teach in that freemasons building last year and its so fuckin creepy..all the rooms had thrones and shit in them...freaky shit..

avernus said:
Theyre on Molesworth st. those Freemasons are. Hard to know what goes on behind closed doors, but also hard to care. I imagine at this stage all they do now is spend all their time playing backgammon and telling ghost stories around a fire on member weekends away.

I was outside that building a few weeks ago. I leaned over the little balcony type thing to try to see into the basement but the windows were blanked and all I could hear was a mixture between chanting music and rave. Some family were trying to get in but nobody would answe the door for them

I seem to remember reading an interview in HeartattaCk i think it was where the scene the local band play in revolves around their local Masonic Lodge and despite gigs being put on there for years, none of them involved have even been up to the second floor or beyond (theres like 6 floors on it)

If i find the article I'll post the excerpt

:)

i wish..at least i could have kept an eye on students who dissapear for like an hour when they are meant to be doin a wee:rolleyes:..but they were like these big fuckin gold and red velvet thrones..it was very very creepy..

muffin said:
:)

i wish..at least i could have kept an eye on students who dissapear for like an hour when they are meant to be doin a wee:rolleyes:..but they were like these big fuckin gold and red velvet thrones..it was very very creepy..

I wouldn't blame them for exploring, though. The younger you are, the more exploring you can get away with, especially in a creepy building like that.

When I was about 6, we went on a family holiday that involved a visit to my dad's old seminary, which was closing down and practically deserted. My brother and I spent the whole time just exploring every single nook and cranny of the place, and everyone just seemed to think it was cute of us. But when we found the library full of medieval and renaissance books, that's where we stayed for most of it. If we'd been older, we might not have got away with that, but they pretty much encouraged it. Best family holiday ever.

Creepy buildings=awesome. I'd love to have the run of a Masonic Lodge for a day.

i wrote a big splash about the dunblane ten year anniversary recently, and only read about freemasonry for the first time through my research. (there were claims that there was a freemason-related cover up in the proceedings following the killings)
interesting.
there's a freemason club here too, but i dont know much about it. are they mainly boring men's only clubs or is there like an opus dei type thing going on too?

jane said:
I wouldn't blame them for exploring, though. The younger you are, the more exploring you can get away with, especially in a creepy building like that.

When I was about 6, we went on a family holiday that involved a visit to my dad's old seminary, which was closing down and practically deserted. My brother and I spent the whole time just exploring every single nook and cranny of the place, and everyone just seemed to think it was cute of us. But when we found the library full of medieval and renaissance books, that's where we stayed for most of it. If we'd been older, we might not have got away with that, but they pretty much encouraged it. Best family holiday ever.

Creepy buildings=awesome. I'd love to have the run of a Masonic Lodge for a day.

similar story. my uncle is a franciscan and in the late 80s early 90s was living in the irish fransican college in rome, which is this vast renacsance building in the centre of old rome. We went to visit him one summer and a merry ammount of rambling was done by yours truely, including round a vast library full of pricless medieval manuscripts and books. Also had Hugh o' Neills rapier, which he left their as a keepsake after staying there during the flight of the earls. Franciscans, great bunch of friars altogether

Rimbaud said:
Anyone well versed in the ways of Satanism??

Anyway, the early days with serious discussion was pretty damn interesting - 1800`s - with comments on the topic by Baudelaire, Rimbaud, and the other decadent writers.
With Aleister Crowley shaking things up in the early 1900`s(i had dreams about him alot a while back too), and before him JK Huysmans - La Bas(down there), a book about about Satanism, childkillers, and black mass`s in late 1800`s Paris, influencing the Satanism practices/black mass`s.

"Là-Bas[FONT=Times New Roman, adobe-times, Times] was accepted at face value by many readers as being a true story. It became a key work in promoting the sensational mythology of the Black Mass."[/FONT]

The decadent writers, symbolist painters, Crowley, and Huysmans - all very interesting characters even today, and even a sense of humour:

"Huysman's 'La Bas' was written entirely about me. He was even thoughtful enough to do it thirty years before I was born. I was very touched by the attention."
[FONT=Times New Roman, adobe-times, Times]Letter to Jane Wolfe from Aleister Crowley [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, adobe-times, Times]dated November 20th 1928.[/FONT]​

TODAY:
So we have the Church of Satan online now: http://www.churchofsatan.com/ , man the main entry page is a tacky as hell(pun pun).And it seems that dressing black metal style is the token dress code - what was wrong with the tweed jackets, trench coats the guys in the 1800`s wore?More unsettleing i thought.
We have the Church of satan having exhibitions in CBGBS and at the Seattle Erotic Festival - going too far???!!??
And this event is sold out, i`m sure they`ll be selling popcorn & the works at this...:
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6-6-6 Event[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Our event on June 6, 2006 C.E. in Los Angeles—The Satanic High Mass—has been completely sold out! Tickets were snapped-up in one week. More details regarding what will take place for those who will be attending shall be revealed to the public in due time.[/FONT]​

Have they totally lost the plot?What would Nick himself think of all this tomfoolary??

satanism is an incredibly stupid concept. if you actually believe in or worship the devil / satan, then you have to believe in christianity. satanists are jut childish tantrum-throwing christians.

crowley wasnt a satanist. he did invoke the god pan, who was converted into the image of the devil by christians as he represented aspects of human nature - sexuality for example - that christians needed to demonise in order to control people with their twin weapons of fear and guilt.

la vey was a piss-taker and con-man, albeit a smart and witty one. the philsophies of the church of satan are completely banal, catering to teenage heavy metal fans who think that goats skulls look evil and scary.

WELCOME TO THE GREAT ILLUMINATI AND LIVE A LIFE: Are you a BUSINESSMAN and WOMAN, POLITICIAN, ARTIST OR ACTRESS, STUDENT and you desire WEALTH, INFLUENCE, FAMOUS, POWER AND PROTECTION and lot more join the Great Illuminati today, and become a full Multi billionaires by joining the Great Illuminati world to benefits $ 250,000 weekly and $ 100,000 monthly as membership blessing for joining the member of the Illuminati. with this all your dreams and your heart desire can be fully accomplish, for more information contact: [email protected], CALL + 234_811_766_3321, join and experience the different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back