Sandman TV series (1 Viewer)

glowing review
Like it’s fine but I think this lady was smoking crack when she wrote this review. The actor playing Sandman is woeful. He has a punchable Eton face

His pouty pout pout face is very punchable all right. Lucienne and The Corinthian are both straight out of a panto, Charles Dance out-acted everyone. What really bugged me though was how boring The Dreaming looked. Here is a realm of unparalleled imagination, a place where fantasy becomes a vivid reality and they make it out of dull and grey CGI that looked depressingly cheap. All the nuance, magic and detail from the comic has been stripped out and we get a generic fantasy instead. @David Kronenbourg got it in one, this is some Harry Potter shit.

And another thing(!), one of the stylistic traits of the comics that I loved was that each one of the Endless had their own unique style of speech bubble and associated font. I was looking forward to hearing how they conveyed this in the show, what interesting sound design would they employ? Oh, he just grumbles. Dream? More like Dr-Emo.

Appropriate for a 14 year old? She doesn't like things that are too tense or brutal
The John dee /diner 24 hours story is the most horrific story I've ever read. I see David Thewlis is in it.

Last edited:
I'm with the ones that think the trailer looks like a pile of poorly rendered CGI pants.

I hate to say..... having begun watching on suggestion of other half. Getting into it now we're past the worst of the harry potter bits.

never read the originals - so I've no 'you're shitting on my treasured thing' basis for complaint.

And I've a soft spot for David Thewlis

never read the originals - so I've no 'you're shitting on my treasured thing' basis for complaint.
I generally don’t have this - adaptations shouldn’t be just transliterations and generally the best adaptations are the ones that push the source material into new directions. My problem with this is not that it has changed anything but that the changes have made it more generic. The Sandman is a great comic not just because the story was good and the characters were interesting, but because it pushed boundaries within the medium. I don’t feel like the TV show is doing the same for its medium.

I generally don’t have this - adaptations shouldn’t be just transliterations and generally the best adaptations are the ones that push the source material into new directions. My problem with this is not that it has changed anything but that the changes have made it more generic. The Sandman is a great comic not just because the story was good and the characters were interesting, but because it pushed boundaries within the medium. I don’t feel like the TV show is doing the same for its medium.
yeah - there is a sense of sameness about it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back