Sandman TV series (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
I started watching this, now up to episode 4. It's mostly fine if a little underwhelming. It's interesting to see how they've adapted certain aspects for TV. But so far it's just ok. The "A hope in hell" episode should have been a "punching the air in triumph" moment but felt a bit flat.
It's hard to separate the book from it, and I'm wondering what it would be like to have no expectations. But it is what it is, and we'll always have the comics.

JohnnyRaz

Supporter
I started watching this, now up to episode 4. It's mostly fine if a little underwhelming. It's interesting to see how they've adapted certain aspects for TV. But so far it's just ok. The "A hope in hell" episode should have been a "punching the air in triumph" moment but felt a bit flat.
It's hard to separate the book from it, and I'm wondering what it would be like to have no expectations. But it is what it is, and we'll always have the comics.

I’m about 8 episodes in. I can see how parts of it, from both a narrative device, and overall concept point of view are probably somewhat tame reflections of something that was much stronger in the original format, but despite myself I’m enjoying it. The chap playing the sandman looks like the anorexic version of my cousin Rory, which is a bit weird as he’s a big rugby playing alpha male corporate hero type

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Two more episodes tonight. I thought the Beating of her Wings and the Hob were very good. 24/7 was just OK. Loved the visuals for Desire in her gallery. Feeling a lot better about this now.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
One of my favourite stories

I've seen screenshots of the episode-it looks really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

Behemoth, Arch Enemy, Carcass
Olympia Theatre
72 Dame St, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 K135, Ireland
Brigid Mae Power & Band @ Bello Bar, Dublin
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Anvil
The Grand Social
35 Liffey St. Lower, North City, Dublin, D01 C3N0, Ireland
Destroyer
The Button Factory
Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads