Ryanair offers to buy Aer Lingus (1 Viewer)

He's serious apparantly. Already owns 16% of aer lingus, while the Govt has 25%. Looking to buy shares for cash at 2.60 odd euro per share.

O'Rielly. He so ca-rayyzy.

Goff;635030 Please tell me you mean O'Leary and not the Devil himself.[/quote said:
57367000.OpenDoor_31607.jpg

Aer Lingus said no. Minister for transport says no. The man in the white suit from Del Monte, he say yes.

Me too. Wish he'd button that shirt though. So uncouth.

It will never be allowed but he is serious.
It will really rattle Berties cage as well.
Ryanair are in the process of slowly moving into the internal market in the us. if he gets Aer Lingus I guess he can mop up significant business in connecting flights on his low fare model in the US to service these transatlantic flights.

There are also the Heathrow slots to consider.

Fair play to the guy

Its wierd, Ryanair's does tons of short haul work, low cost, cheap airports, (relatively) low reward per flight. With really fast turn around, you get enough volume and make money.

AerLingus is much more into the long haul stuff, flying into major hubs... way slower everything.

Although, AerLingus have been degrading the living shit out of the quality of service recently, you probably wouldnt even notice the changeover if it happened at this point.

TBH though, I think O'Leary is talking shite. As usual.

It is bad news if Ryanair get to own Aer Lingus.......

O'Leary rides slipshod over unions as it is....remember his handling of his pilots?

He over works his workers too, donno how there hasn't being an accident yet.

Also fucker buys a taxi plate for his Merc so his chauffer can use it in bus lanes.
He also wears dodgy pin stripe shirts and cords/

It is bad news if Ryanair get to own Aer Lingus.......

O'Leary rides slipshod over unions as it is....remember his handling of his pilots?

He over works his workers too, donno how there hasn't being an accident yet.

Also fucker buys a taxi plate for his Merc so his chauffer can use it in bus lanes.
He also wears dodgy pin stripe shirts and cords/
actually, ive talked to a girl that works for ryanair and she said that they are better paid stewards than aerlingus and other budget airlines. pilots too id say at this stage. sure arent aer lingus staff always on strike?

On one hand, i hate to fly for more than, ooh, 30 seconds on a ryanair plane. But imagine how cheap it would be to fly over to the states. Just load up on booze and sleeping tablets before you go on board and yer sorted.

On one hand, i hate to fly for more than, ooh, 30 seconds on a ryanair plane. But imagine how cheap it would be to fly over to the states. Just load up on booze and sleeping tablets before you go on board and yer sorted.
imagine. 0.01c flights to the u.s . i might actually leave the continent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back