RWAKE (1 Viewer)

Anyone heard the new one yet? Am I right in thinking it's on Relapse?

why do I get the feeling there'll be a load of replies on this thread that have nothing to do with what I'm actually asking?

havent heard yet myself either but if it's anything like what they've done before it's gonna be deadly, some of the best lyrics ever too.
"stoners live and stoners die, they mightn't go to heaven,
but they all STILL GET HIGH!"
rwakin!:p

havent heard yet myself either but if it's anything like what they've done before it's gonna be deadly, some of the best lyrics ever too.
"stoners live and stoners die, they mightn't go to heaven,
but they all STILL GET HIGH!"
rwakin!:p

just picked up the vinyl version of "Hell is a door to the sun" actually...
such a deadly album.
The only "Stoner rock" band I can tolerate

yeah, there's still loads of through silver in blood there, but its done so well. pisses on all of these johnny-come-lately heavy post rock bands doin the rounds at the minuet from a hight. they know how to do those dense clostrophobic multi-layred songs.

Yes Jamie the new one is on Relapse and it's fucking better than the last two. I got that DLP version of Hell Is A Door... as well. Great package. Voices Of Omens is out soon on DLP on Land O Smiles and they are doing If You Walk... as well. The CD version of Hell Is A Door... is rare as fuck as Retribute only made 1000 of them. I'm trying to flog mine for a decent price to pay for other vinyl like the new Minsk and re-released Torche.

I wouldn't descibe Rwake as stoner rock! Fu Manchu, Kyuss, Unida maybe but now Rwake. And stoner rock rules. .|..| .|..| .|..|

yeah except they're way better! mind you most Neur-Isis influenced bands are a big improvement on the material their peers have released in the last couple of years

sadly, true.

here, speaking of bands in this vein: check out This Dialogue if you can. They're in the same ballpark as Neurosis/Godflesh/the better Isis stuff but (and this is the impressive part), they don't actually sound like any of them

and they don't do any of that Doctor Who theme tune/"Children of the Grave"/Status Quo muck either

will do Jamie, cheers for the tip!

(off topic, Jamie do you still have that 7inch (forgotten which one!..something on the mellowers side I think you described it as) I asked you to hold over for me a month or two ago?) If you do can you give it to the big welsh care bear at yer 30th bash (sorry boss, canny make it down for it meself i'm afraid!))

will do Jamie, cheers for the tip!

(off topic, Jamie do you still have that 7inch (forgotten which one!..something on the mellowers side I think you described it as) I asked you to hold over for me a month or two ago?) If you do can you give it to the big welsh care bear at yer 30th bash (sorry boss, canny make it down for it meself i'm afraid!))

phoenix foundation?

yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back