Russia (1 Viewer)

The temperature in the east goes up another couple of degrees

Russia warns of retaliation as NATO plans more deployments in Eastern Europe

Russia announced in January it would create three new military divisions and bring five new strategic nuclear missile regiments into service.

On Wednesday, Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said the new divisions would be formed by the end of this year to counter what Moscow saw as NATO's growing strength.

Russian media, citing unnamed military sources, said the new Russian divisions would most likely be motorized rifle ones and number around 10,000 soldiers each.

Of course its a lot easier for Russia to mass troops than it is for NATO, at what point does one (presumably NATO) decide that enough is enough?

Tomorrow is Victory Day, quite a big deal in Soviet and Russian memory. I believe last year there was an event in the Phoenix Park, presumably they were on their way to this years celebration. Strange to see the Estonian SSR flag there though.

Home sweet home? Putin offering disillusioned Britons FREE LAND to resettle in Russia

I assume they'll accept Irish applicants too

...people must last five years before they will take full control of their new home. At that stage, those who have successfully stuck it out in the unforgiving climate will be rewarded with Russian citizenship and the power to continue living in the area or to sell their property.

I'm not sure the land would be worth selling, Russian citizenship though...

This tiny stretch of countryside is all that separates Baltic states from Russian envelopment

Typical scaremongering headline with the only sensible paragraph being the last

On CNN on Sunday, Putin went out of his way to say that the United States is the world's only superpower. Russian analysts have guffawed at the idea that Russia wants to pick a fight against NATO that it would surely lose. For Russia, threatening the Suwalki gap would come with far greater costs than benefits, and NATO's new battle groups haven't even arrived yet.

The Communist Party of Russia said on its official Twitter account that the team was as “soft” as the ruling United Russia party and “for internal use” only. “We need a Stalinist mobilisation. Mental, physical hard strength,” it said.“Why does the national team perform like this, when 11 millionaires are running around the field with half-bent legs, who want to earn a lot and don’t want to work like a real athlete should,” the Communist MP and party leader, Gennady Zyuganov, said.

Interesting thread, knowledgeable people are cool

Some insights from Serbia
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like a Serbian One Step Beyond

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back