1662635943308.png

But i keep on my mantras
That I have a body that works, that I wanted this, that I can do hard things

We shall see

onwards.....

On my taper ran 12 miles today
The goal was pacing at 8:00 and I kind of nailed it

1662942386643.png

I need to run at an average pace of anything below 7:50 in Berlin to make my goal of a sub-3:25 time
Think that the first 18-20 miles will be fine. Last 6 or so will be a lucky bag,
Just gonna keep doing the next right thing.

392 days since I ran my first mile
2 weeks til Berlin

Onwards.....

Aye, it's mainly just annoying. All walking is giving me grief, even something simple like walking the dog. Also, annoying that I don't actually know what happened. My wife reminded me that one night on holidays we were walking and I just pulled up in agony for a minute, but I was just... walking.

I think the real problem is we weren't meant to live this long.
How you making out, Dudley?

Not entirely sure. Went for an x-ray and they couldn't spot anything, but the doctor was able to pinpoint the exact problem spot, and I nearly went through the roof in pain. Coming to the end of two weeks on Difene and foot definitely isn't as sore, but I've not been using it at all, so I don't know if it's getting better or just hasn't been aggravated. Physio told me not to run til I'm in with her next week and she'll put me on the treadmill, so waiting to see.

Was hoping the Difene would also help my thumb pain, but it's slowly getting worse 8(

Just hit me that I'm racing against Kipchoge this weekend

Need to bring my A-game!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So it seems I have tendonitis in the 5th metatarsal. Seems the only remedy is to pretty much not use my foot at *all* for the next fortnight, and then start with maybe a 1km walk. Madness.

So it seems I have tendonitis in the 5th metatarsal. Seems the only remedy is to pretty much not use my foot at *all* for the next fortnight, and then start with maybe a 1km walk. Madness.
That sucks
And it sounds painful

but do it to the letter if you can
Two weeks will come soon enough, and you'll be back in action

Did they give you any treatment other Difene?

I've had a lot of luck with cold cycling. I'm not sure what they called it. Fill up a bucket with ice water, ideally with ice literally floating about. Plunge and keep submerged until it starts to get painful, then out, dry straight away and wrap up in something like a fleece blanket under a duvet. You want to get it warmed up ASAP, until it starts to feel like it's glowing. Then back into the ice water and repeat for... I forget, 5 cycles or more even. I'd do this a couple of times a day at the start if I was particularly wrecked.

The idea is you're stress triggering various local receptors to do their healing type thing, and physically washing the internals with a good flush of blood. Blood / fluids around injuries can tend to get almost stagnant, especially if you're not using them. The more you do this pumping/flushing fluids past, the more you clear away necrotic / crappy by products, and simultaneously increase exposure to agents that can help with repair.

Did they give you any treatment other Difene?

I've had a lot of luck with cold cycling. I'm not sure what they called it. Fill up a bucket with ice water, ideally with ice literally floating about. Plunge and keep submerged until it starts to get painful, then out, dry straight away and wrap up in something like a fleece blanket under a duvet. You want to get it warmed up ASAP, until it starts to feel like it's glowing. Then back into the ice water and repeat for... I forget, 5 cycles or more even. I'd do this a couple of times a day at the start if I was particularly wrecked.

The idea is you're stress triggering various local receptors to do their healing type thing, and physically washing the internals with a good flush of blood. Blood / fluids around injuries can tend to get almost stagnant, especially if you're not using them. The more you do this pumping/flushing fluids past, the more you clear away necrotic / crappy by products, and simultaneously increase exposure to agents that can help with repair.
That sounds smart/terrifying.
Physio said not to take any Difene for now, I'm more likely to take care and rest the foot if I can feel it hurting when I move about. She recommended icing it 3 times a day, but just with ice packs. I imagine something like you're suggesting might come into play if I don't see a noticeable improvement from just resting it.

My thumb is also really sore these days, getting an MRI for it too. Depending on that, I might get sent to a rhuematologist. All joy.

My watch sent me this earlier this evening, like out of the blue
I do not have a bog's notion what V02 max is but mine right now is "superior"

Watch your fucking back, Eliud!

1663805012614.png

That sounds smart/terrifying.
Physio said not to take any Difene for now, I'm more likely to take care and rest the foot if I can feel it hurting when I move about. She recommended icing it 3 times a day, but just with ice packs. I imagine something like you're suggesting might come into play if I don't see a noticeable improvement from just resting it.

My thumb is also really sore these days, getting an MRI for it too. Depending on that, I might get sent to a rhuematologist. All joy.
What is going on with this now, @dudley ?
You back running or still having issues?

I keep injuring myself and failing to heal. Sore left calf for the last 9 months, sore tendons on the outside of my right knee on and off for 6 weeks, and lately a sore spot on top of my left foot. Got tested for rheumatoid factor, and it's negative. Been doing 1 min run 1 min walk for half an hour just to try and keep in shape a bit, and things aren't getting any worse, but don't seem to be getting any better either :(

My wife has been having issues with her hip but finally found a physical therapist who seems to be able to pummel her back into shape. She suffers a bit from hypermobility and the horse riding is tough on the body at times.

I keep injuring myself and failing to heal. Sore left calf for the last 9 months, sore tendons on the outside of my right knee on and off for 6 weeks, and lately a sore spot on top of my left foot. Got tested for rheumatoid factor, and it's negative. Been doing 1 min run 1 min walk for half an hour just to try and keep in shape a bit, and things aren't getting any worse, but don't seem to be getting any better either :(
I am no expert, but it sounds like a good stretching regimen could help you out greatly here

Even a foam roller can have fantastic effects - and they are cheap

My wife has been having issues with her hip but finally found a physical therapist who seems to be able to pummel her back into shape. She suffers a bit from hypermobility and the horse riding is tough on the body at times.
I am stiff as a fucking board
Whatever the opposite of hypermobility is, I have that

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back