Running? (1 Viewer)

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
I don't believe runners make a whole load of difference to knee trouble for me. I bought the most expensive Mizunos and made no difference,in fact they may well have exacerbated the problem because they are so comfortable and fancy you feel like running further! . Too much too soon is what fucks my knees up. Slow and steady..thats how I need to roll. Auld lad stryle

Roll being the operative word at the minute cos I'm all fat again

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
I was running 50k a week, one week I did 60 and my knee has been wrecked ever since. Physio says it's not permanent and diagnosed a sprained knee. Taking a *long* time to bring it back, but it's slowly getting there.

Anyway, MORAL is don't over do it, stretch after like a mo-fo (definitely worth getting a foam roller), and consider doing sit down squats etc on non running days to build up the muscles around the knee,

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
My problem is I’ve never done any exercise. Ever. Basically I’ve no lung capacity, so can’t run for very long before I have to stop anyway, then wait a couple of minutes, then start again. I’m not exactly breaking any distance records, like. The knee thing is just the ridiculous icing on top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads