Roy Harper in the Whelans (1 Viewer)

pavlos

Supporter
Solutions
....on 1st May, apparently - Has anyone here seen him recently? Stormcock is a deadly album and all, but it was a long time ago!

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

i will probably go to both of these. ive seen him loadsa times - hes deadly. last time i saw him was last july in clonakilty where he lives (he does three gigs there every summer) and it was fantastic. the deadliness of the gig really depends on what songs he chooses to play, and this matt churchill guy he has playing with him these days isnt much use but if hes on form theres nobody better.

al, what do you think of this album??
SongsOf.jpg

was anyone listening to pat kennys radio show this morning? Me neither but Roy Harper was on it and he played a couple of tunes and chatted at about stuff. should be up here at some point soon i imagine

gerry ryan of all people had a deadly interview with harper 3 or 4 years ago. it went on for a good 45 minutes and was really interesting. he said roger waters was a piece of shit.

anybody else go to this last night? after the first song it was a cool gig. an annoying girl started shouting foolishly at him to play "I hate the white man" because he was her favorite artist and it'd totally make her night and he totally ridiculed her and put her in her place - it was very entertaining. as he was introducing "cherishing the lonesome" as being about the end of a relationship he paused to stare at her for a moment. everyone was laughing at her and shouting at her to shut her hole and eventually she and her boyfriend left.

the setlist (in roughly the right order):
How Does It Feel
Frozen Moment
Watford Gap
Cherishing The Lonesome
The Man In The Moon
Pan
You Don't Need Money
Naked Flame
When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease
The Same Old Rock
Twelve Hours Of Sunset
North Country

the same old rock was probably the highlight

Where there chairs and tables laid out?

thank you for your interest in the seating arrangements. yes, there were tables and chairs. it was cool because i got a seat however the tables took up most of the space so there were a lot of people having to stand up at the bar and so there was more chattering than there might have been had they just put out seats and not bothered with the tables. the crowd was mostly quite elderly. roy came into the palace afterwards

How Does It Feel
Frozen Moment
Watford Gap
Cherishing The Lonesome
The Man In The Moon
Pan
You Don't Need Money
Naked Flame
When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease
The Same Old Rock
Twelve Hours Of Sunset
North Country

same set as galway. no loud birds at our one tho - just very reverent baldfellas with ponytails clutching long playing vinyl records!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back