rome and naples in november - cold? (1 Viewer)

yep i've already marked a few recommended pizza, ice-cream and bakery places on the map near the guesthouse! museums and that, not so much

I was there in October and it was kinda nippy and rainy most of the time, but mild and sunny some of the time.
October comes before November.

Naples actually feels a bit like a South American city. And it looks not dissimilar to Rio, in a slightly (only slightly) less beautiful natural setting.
In other words, it's messy, grubby, full of horrible blocks of flats, with zany traffic and scary characters, and a lovely bay and mountains.
I drove (!!!) down to the Amalfi coast fairly sharpish. Time constraints.

i was in siena, florence, pisa etc in dec 07 and it was bloody freezin. beautifully sunny though. bring a coat and drink plenty of grappa, it tastes like fire.

I live in Rome. It'll be cold alright, but not painfully so, and it's a good time to visit cos not as many tourists about. Feel free to PM me if you want recs of cheap eats or anything. There's also an old thread started by dudley with some good stuff in it.

I live in Rome. It'll be cold alright, but not painfully so, and it's a good time to visit cos not as many tourists about. Feel free to PM me if you want recs of cheap eats or anything. There's also an old thread started by dudley with some good stuff in it.

Hey

I'm in Rome for the next few days.
Is there a website similar to thumped or whatever that might list stuff going on over the next while? gigs, music bars, etc?

thanks.

I'm in Rome for the next few days.
Is there a website similar to thumped or whatever that might list stuff going on over the next while? gigs, music bars, etc?

thanks.

Nerdsattack.it is probably the most similar, no forum but it has reviews and stuff and keeps a list of upcoming gigs: http://www.nerdsattack.net/?page_id=7

If I weren't working I'd be going to the quite unfortunately named My Awesome Mixtape at Circolo on Saturday: http://www.circoloartisti.it

There aren't that many (any?) music bars in the old centre, your best bet would be to head up towards the more studenty area around San Lorenzo. There are a few ok places around there but it depends on whats on on any given night, e.g. Lian Club, Mads Project. Beware the Italian propensity for awful ballady soft rock.

Nerdsattack.it is probably the most similar, no forum but it has reviews and stuff and keeps a list of upcoming gigs:

If I weren't working I'd be going to the quite unfortunately named My Awesome Mixtape at Circolo on Saturday: There aren't that many (any?) music bars in the old centre, your best bet would be to head up towards the more studenty area around San Lorenzo. There are a few ok places around there but it depends on whats on on any given night, e.g. Lian Club, Mads Project. Beware the Italian propensity for awful ballady soft rock.

i am going there.hope to meet u :)

I'll be in Rome for 3 nights in November. First time. Any updated suggestions to Dudleys now un-bumpable thread are much appreciated, specifically nice places to eat that can cater to veggies/fish eaters.

Also wondering whereabouts I should stay, looking for an area with a nice vibe (not posh or fancy) but I also don't want to spend lots on sleeping. I'm wondering should we leave it till the last minute to book - given that there is so much accomodation in Rome and presumably none of it will be full in November... is it likely that everywhere will be doing cheap last min deals?

Anything else out of the ordinary?

thanks magic, i'll check it out. pete, yep, that's the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back