rollies versus cigarettes (1 Viewer)

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
which are healthier? i know cigarettes have a lot of extra chemicals to keep them lighting, and my rollies have filters and are a lot thinner than regular cigs. but is there much difference really?

you can make rollies as strong as you like

though if your not using filters, it's bad

also I think you drag deeper on rollies

IMHO

I love when you smoke rollies for ages, then you get a "proper" ciggie and it's feels flippin HUGE

My 2p.
I was mad for the rollies for a few years(essentially for reasons of economy),with your standard bit of cardboard for a "filter" and not too thick.Was getting chest infections every 6 weeks or thereabouts so moved over to Bensons.Never looked back.Frequency of Upper respiratory tract infections has more than halved and I'm hardly using my me inhalers at all,probs twice a day max.Plus,because of the prohibitive retail price of BampersandH I more closely monitor my rate of consumption,leading to a greatly reduced turnover of empty boxes.I'm currently getting 3 days out of a pack.
I've yet to come up with a workable moderation strategy for when I'm drinking.Although I do find if I smoke a one skinner of soap bar I'm good for about an hour.

So Froog I would say kick them rollies to the kerb and get with the straights.You'll look a hell of a lot more suave thats for sure.
On the downside you won't be as attractive to birds that go to NCAD.

Frequency of Upper respiratory tract infections has more than halved and I'm hardly using my me inhalers at all,probs twice a day max.

Well then smoke up johnny!

ever notice how your standard straight will burn down to the filter(which is fucking toxic under heat) and your rollies dont?

My 2p.
Was getting chest infections every 6 weeks or thereabouts so moved over to Bensons.Never looked back.Frequency of Upper respiratory tract infections has more than halved and I'm hardly using my me inhalers at all,probs twice a day max.

I... dont get it.

Anyway. Yeah, I heard that smoking rollies is exactly the same more or less as filters. The tobacco is more potent though, so you just pull more on the filters to get the same hit.
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=1726748
Effects of handrolled unfiltered cigarettes versus manufactured filter cigarettes on symptoms and diseases in current smokers

After controlling for the possible confounders no significant differences in diseases were found.
That's just one study though. 5,014 people all the same...

I think the main difference is what rollies do to your snappers, especially without a filter. Anyone I know who doesn't use filters with rollies have that gunky brown deposit on the back of their teeth and get beaten up by their dentists.

ever notice how your standard straight will burn down to the filter(which is fucking toxic under heat) and your rollies dont?

another +1 for the rollies

someone once told me the plastic rollie puches are made out is mad full of petrol-chemicals and tobacoo in contact with is way more harsh and toixc for you then just smoking fags

- 1,000 for the rollies

I never smoke a cig down to the butt.It's disgusting.I usually leave about 8mm of fag.Which when you think about it means you're smoking less again.Plus one million for fags.

i think what this really comes down to is

€4 euro for a pouch of 12.5g (which lasts me a couple of days, between 3 and 4) €7+ for 20 cigs (which generally last me for a day)

I just find i dont smoke as many rollies due to lazyness.

i think what this really comes down to is

€4 euro for a pouch of 12.5g (which lasts me a couple of days, between 3 and 4) €7+ for 20 cigs (which generally last me for a day)

I just find i dont smoke as many rollies due to lazyness.

4.10 for 50g pouch in spain. I get them in packets of 8 for about 40 quid, twice a year. Easy.

I dont use filters, i started without them and they dont taste as nice. I cant smoke more than about ten a day without feeling jaysus awful that evening,so i dont. But there's no limit on the straights. You can chew those fuckers down and not know any better.

They taste much, much better.

They're cheaper.

There are less chemicals in em'.

Edit: choosing any kind of cigarette over another one for 'health' reasons makes about as much sense as going to a Rangers game dressed as the pope. If you want to be healthier, quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back