rogue trooper (1 Viewer)

theoootini

Website
www.soundcloud.com
saw that there is a game now. member him from 2000ad. hands down coolest character ever. esp when he was reinvented as the "war is hell" post vietnam antihero. and he had his fallen comrades in his bag, gun and helmet respectively. deeeadly

roguetrooper03.gif

My favourite 2000AD strips were the one where Strontium Dog goes to hell - started just before issue 100 - and Ro-Busters - especially the end [SIZE=-1]story - The Terra-Meks.
Anyone know if any of these are available in graphic novel form?

[/SIZE]

oootini said:
indeed. i seem to remember a classic 2000ad monthly that would print a whole story from one strip. there was a missionary man drawn by frank quitley. it was the mutts nuts
mission.jpg

yeah that was a deadly 2000ad comic- being that I was too forgetful to buy it every week

aoboa said:
My favourite 2000AD strips were the one where Strontium Dog goes to hell - started just before issue 100 - and Ro-Busters - especially the end [SIZE=-1]story - The Terra-Meks.
Anyone know if any of these are available in graphic novel form?

[/SIZE]

Indeed they are. That Hell story was fanatastic, the creepiness of Mr Sun and mr Moon, the Cuss brothers, Flys-eyes..great stuff.Theres a brilliant moment where all the little devils are dancing to madness "One Step Beyond"!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401205836/002-6710691-5006407?v=glance&n=283155

i think this book also has the Hitler story

1401205836.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Not sure if robusters is available-i found a dead link on amazon- though rebellion are currently re-printing a lot of the old stuff
https://secure.2000adonline.com/secure/index.php?PageRequired=shop&Level=2&Category=BOOKS&SubCategory=GN

oootini said:
indeed. i seem to remember a classic 2000ad monthly that would print a whole story from one strip. there was a missionary man drawn by frank quitley. it was the mutts nuts
mission.jpg

That picture reminds me a lot of books I used to read as a young lad - David Gemmell ones about a gunslinger in an apocalyptic future or something.. I think the character was called Jon Shannow? God I used to love those books.. and that's kinda how I imagined he was. Except more fucked looking.

duh..the Wierd bothers- hiss, cuss and the guy with no face..

Micahel Fleischer..

(minus some nerd points there)

I hear there were ads for this new game on Sky1 last night

anyone see it?

Remember the Judge Dredd where they came to Ireland and all the judges had spud guns? Was that Steve Dillon who drew that? He/is another great comic artist.

haha yeah- Stephens Green was reduced to one little bush called 'Kevin' which Dredd runs over on his bike

emisle01.jpg

That's the one. :) Ah, memories. I haven't read 2000AD in years. I wouldn't mind getting some of the Dredd Anthologies. I always liked The Cursed Earth and other mega-epics, necropolis etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back