Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (1 Viewer)

MacDara

Contributor
Website
macdaraconroy.com
Rogue-One-1024x439.jpg

Rogue One gives the Star Wars geeks what they want, but is it any use for the rest of us, asks MacDara Conroy

Read the whole post here.

Hmm. Sounds like going in with low expectations and enjoying looking at star wars things is going to be the best approach.

Woo wee!
Wasn't sure what to expect, but that was terrific fun.
Solid acting, non-terrible script and some of the best fx yet, just great fun.

Was odd getting used to the onscreen text telling us each location.

Only negative really was the fake human CGI. When Tarkin pulled into shot as a reflection in the window, I was hoping that was all we'd see, which would have worked brilliantly, but then they had to ruin it by using more and his stupid Polar Express face. Same with the Leia bit at the end too. Ah well.

Oh, and Vader should have been, like, 3 inches taller...

But that one is right up there among the best. Gives me much interest for the other side stories.

Yeah so was fairly unmoved by her whole back story bit but then

Just throw in an AT-AT and a few Tie Fighters flying around i

happened and it was fairly great.

Who'd have thought Darth Vader's house would be in Mordor? What a crossover.

I brought my 8 year old and think he learned a valuable life lesson

if you're trying to
pass off CGI recreations as being real people
then you should use as little illumination as you can get away with?

Oh, and Vader should have been, like, 3 inches taller..

My friend who I was watching it with pointed that out as well.. I thought it was good fun, fast pacing, decent level of tension despite the plot effectively being pre-ordained, not too many dialogue clunkers, and as others have pointed out they got the sense of scale & heft right with giant spaceships etc feeling properly huge.. Though I somehow haven't seen The Force Awakens yet so I'm not totally burned out on them revisiting the original trilogy imagery / storylines. You'd hope that if they keep churning these out they'll take a few more risks with future instalments. It is interesting to see a major Hollywood movie where
all the lead characters die at the end and this is presented as an upbeat ending

We saw it last night. Quite enjoyed how it was a story in it's own wright, Fitted in before E4 (guess??? open to correction), but not another arc of the saga. Got pretty dark too.

I loved it! i thought it was much more exciting than The Force Awakens. It was very unique but it fit into the Star Wars universe very well. The characters were really good, the main two of the cast were great together & the overall design of it was super. Another bonus was that it was Dark, and sometimes blurred the good v evil lines which was interesting. I'll go see it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back