Rocket From The Crypt This saturday! (Dec 7) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 6
Tremendously enjoyable gig.

Wasn't that familiar with much of their. Enjoyed the opening few songs but it went a bit flat after that. Even on a rope seemed subdued but i think that was due to the mics working. Thought they finshed well though. Anyone have a run down of the setlist?

Great performance but yeah the mics were real low, couldn't make out the vocals most of the time and the brass might as well not have been there.

Fun as hell! Toms and - dare I say it - guitars were to loud. No definition in the low end. Not enough horns. Sound is generally excellent in that room so I was a little surprised. It didn't matter though. It was ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT and it was fucking excellent.

Anybody spot Appllo 9 going for a tactical chunder during the last few songs? Saw him outside after and he looked completly fucked. Whatever about playing guitar hungover, I'd imagine play sax with a nasty head on you is very unpleasant.

Fun as hell! Toms and - dare I say it - guitars were to loud. No definition in the low end. Not enough horns. Sound is generally excellent in that room so I was a little surprised. It didn't matter though. It was ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT and it was fucking excellent.

Anybody spot Appllo 9 going for a tactical chunder during the last few songs? Saw him outside after and he looked completly fucked. Whatever about playing guitar hungover, I'd imagine play sax with a nasty head on you is very unpleasant.

From where I was standing I just saw him disappear, the lads look at him and laugh and then him come back to the mic sweating like a man who just revisited his lunch. I suspected exactly that.

That story about Speedo getting pushed out in front of a car was completely made up though yeah?

That story about Speedo getting pushed out in front of a car was completely made up though yeah?

I'd say so. Was standing beside a couple when he told that story. the girl kept turning around the guy after every sentence and going "Really?". It was kind of funny, probably had to be there

The merch table set up was pretty stupid and so slow. i hear they had some copies of the 7"s from the other gigs for sale? was that after the gig?

Missed any other 7"s but got the ring and Dublin 7", usual story with no medium shirts left either which was a bummer. That story was defo made up, had to explain to Cory on Saturday how the story of a driver freezing to death on their first tour was also made up as are most of his stories. Sound where I was ok but the sound on the balcony was perfect, better buzz on the floor though. Minded blowing gig all in all, we were schooled in rock'n'roll as I put it after.

I just got the Dublin 7" which survived most of the rest of the night til I got to Workmans and someone decided to put their dripping pint of Guinness right down on top of it while I was in the jacks. Liquid + a paper cover + ink stamped art = a bad mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back