Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution (1 Viewer)

Lord Damian

but it certainly contributes to other kinds.

unless you're playing a guitar you made from scratch yourself, strung with catgut (or whatever the hell it is they used to string them with), chances are your band aren't too environmentally friendly.

- factory produced guitars, amps, drums, keyboards, mics, PA's, other gear, all of it shipped from wherever
- electricity to power everything
- driving to gigs

the last two things have relatively obvious solutions - venues/practice spaces powered by solar (or other renewable) power, and using fuel efficient means of transport.

does anyone know of any music equipment companies out there that manufacture their products with an eye towards reducing/eliminating their enviro impact?

do you buy locally produced music equipment?

unless you're playing a guitar you made from scratch yourself, strung with catgut (or whatever the hell it is they used to string them with), chances are your band aren't too environmentally friendly.

- factory produced guitars, amps, drums, keyboards, mics, PA's, other gear, all of it shipped from wherever
- driving to gigs

the last two things have relatively obvious solutions - venues/practice spaces powered by solar (or other renewable) power, and using fuel efficient means of transport.

does anyone know of any music equipment companies out there that manufacture their products with an eye towards reducing/eliminating their enviro impact?

I'm pretty sure Gordon Smith guitars at least used to try to use different woods on guitars for the impact on the environment. I'm told the fret board on my sg is not wood,but some other material. It looks like wood to me though.

What if it's really bad rock and roll. Like Matchbox 20 covers? There's a rock and roll band two doors down from me who play this shit. Definately noise pollution. Nerve polltuion too.

- driving to gigs

This is why Live Earth is so damn important

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back