Robin of Sherwood (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
I saw a couple of episodes of this yesterday, for the first time ever i think, and was very impressed with it. I was thinking of buying some dvds - i see the complete box set looks pricey enough but individual series seem cheap. anyone have these already?

I saw a couple of episodes of this yesterday, for the first time ever i think, and was very impressed with it. I was thinking of buying some dvds - i see the complete box set looks pricey enough but individual series seem cheap. anyone have these already?

the one from when we were kids with clannad on the soundtrack?

Has it dated at all? I hate destroying my memories of tv shows by revisiting them only to discover that they're a lot crappier than I'd thought.

Q. Who was scarier: Herne The Hunter or Cardinal Richelieu from Dogtanian?

Has it dated at all? I hate destroying my memories of tv shows by revisiting them only to discover that they're a lot crappier than I'd thought.

Q. Who was scarier: Herne The Hunter or Cardinal Richelieu from Dogtanian?

herne was scarier or course!! now dogtanian - there something that hasn't dated well at all - its painful!!

NO! I was watching it with shaney (in your city of dreaming spires in fact)
It's great, very atmospheric, a bit hammy though. It has dated in the sense that you don't get away with such slow- paced dramas these days.
The Clannad tune was killer but there's only about 4 pieces of music used throughout the whole series - same riff for every battle scene.

The whole experience was enhanced by watching it in England in room with huge Antlers for me to brandish every time Herne came on screen.

.|..|

Don't own it but saw it on original broadcast and have watched some of the DVDs.

There are three series. 26 episodes in total.
One and two (13 episodes between them) have Michael Praed as Robin, series three (13 episodes) has Jason Connery.

I think series three isn't up to the standard of the first two. Plus when it was being made, the decision to cease production had not been made prior to shooting the last series so it ends somewhat abruptly.

Network are the company who have released the DVDs and they've put out some amazing archive stuff.

The DVDs have been released twice.
Series 1 has come out in two single disc versions and subsequently in a two disc version.
Likewise for series 2.
Series 3 originally came out in four single disc versions and subsequently in two double disc versions.

The complete set is quite pricey compared to buying them individually - goes for £40 to £50 while you can pick up series 1, series 2 and the series 3, part 1 and series 3, part 2 for £6.97 each on Amazon.co.uk which comes in at just under £28 for the lot.

For those prices it's definitely worth it. Good extras too.

if you have itv 2 they show it from time to time. great series, nice gritty occult kind of approach. hasnt dated really. ten times better than that shit on bbc last year. michael pread era better than jason connery i think. ray winstone as will scarlett.

NO! I was watching it with shaney (in your city of dreaming spires in fact)
It's great, very atmospheric, a bit hammy though. It has dated in the sense that you don't get away with such slow- paced dramas these days.
The Clannad tune was killer but there's only about 4 pieces of music used throughout the whole series - same riff for every battle scene.

The whole experience was enhanced by watching it in England in room with huge Antlers for me to brandish every time Herne came on screen.

.|..|

There are other Thumped types in The Spires?

Inneresting.

There are other Thumped types in The Spires?

Inneresting.

the spires? is that where we were? i wish i had known that at the time... have you been to The Excelsior on cowley road? its my new favorite greasy spoon. they have the best coffee in the world and the best waiter in the world. EVER.

the spires? is that where we were? i wish i had known that at the time... have you been to The Excelsior on cowley road? its my new favorite greasy spoon. they have the best coffee in the world and the best waiter in the world. EVER.

Cowley Road. GAS!!

Is it really nice? My college is 4 seconds from Cowley, I might check it out tomorrow.

Cowley Road. GAS!!

Is it really nice? My college is 4 seconds from Cowley, I might check it out tomorrow.

its more of an experience thing... tiredness and excitement may have added to it. here is a review that gives a good impression of the place except that the things the review says are bad are actually good.

oh, and heres me and deserted village (+ others) standing outside!
469754272_9e625857d1.jpg

i'd like to go back to oxford again. the booze seemed a bit pricey but the bottles of newcastle were hangover free

its more of an experience thing... tiredness and excitement may have added to it. here is a review that gives a good impression of the place except that the things the review says are bad are actually good.

oh, and heres me and deserted village (+ others) standing outside!
469754272_9e625857d1.jpg

i'd like to go back to oxford again. the booze seemed a bit pricey but the bottles of newcastle were hangover free

Did you go to the Turf Tavern, under the Bridge of Sighs?

Best (and most Dickensian) entrance to a pub ever.

Picked series 1 and 2 recently from play.com for about 24 euro. The series has dated pretty well. quite gritty and lots of hocus pocus.

What is the story with Herne ? I think outside of the series he was actually considered to be the ghost of a hunter perhaps in an earlier century ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What is the story with Herne ? I think outside of the series he was actually considered to be the ghost of a hunter perhaps in an earlier century ?

I vaguely remember, but I thought he was cool. I just assumed he was this guy:
Herne the Hunter - Wikipedia

To be honest I was bored and just wanted all the New Stories to be bird related; Swans, Turkey Couple, Robin of Sherwood...

The notion's gone off me now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back