Robbie Savage "Fury" At Local Radio Journalists (1 Viewer)

Stan Bowles wasn't all over my tv screen talking in a whiney accent and wearing shit suits.

two abiding impressions from listening to this:

Alan019.jpg

and

fleetwood-mac-rumours1.jpg

also - he enjoys reading the 'Terrorgraph'???

By the end of it Savage did seem to be saying the team are a pile of shit and the manager would replace us all if he had a few bob. That wasn't what I expected to be honest. Still he has a point usually those local radio shows have a series of callers calling the team muck while the host does their best to quell the rebellion. The radio host did seem like a bit of a prick.

he's a fucking idiot. started off by having a go at the reporter, who was clearly taken aback, but then quickly recovered after quickly realising that Savage couldn't reasonably complain about being called shit without eventually admiting that they are in fact shit.
it's hilarious by the time he's reduced to whining in a defensive voice that they 'simply aren't good enough' and if the manager had some money he'd 'buy 11 new players'... what the fuck are the fans meant to make of that robbie?
twat!

You say teh reporter was clearly taken aback?
He was speechless for most of the interview and asked such stupid questions bar the 1.
And the thing about Robbie in that interview was he's a working class bloke who uses working class expressions! and the 11 new players thing is someone retorting with an attempted put down or sarcastically saying something thats exaggerating million fold to get back at somebody.
If that was a normal manager/player you'd get the normal run of the mill cliche answers which matter of factly you wouldn't learn anything new from.
I mean as much as I rate Arsene my manager his replies and interviews 'focused/energy/tough mentalness' we hear every fucking week, it's boring and non learning!
Why I loved John Gregory when he was at The Villa, so honest with his answers, I mean who could forget his' If I had a gun I'd shoot Dwight York' when at the time Yorkie was pushing for his transfer to ManURE.

Derby are going thru a bad patch alright but their still above the relegation places (18th out of 24) and lets face it 3 teams have to go down!
He just wanted some support and backing from his local Radio station.
Fans have far more power then ever b4 and it doesn't take much to get them going these days.
'The pies are shit'

Yeah, I understood what he well what he meant about going out and doing your best and losing. If ManUre get beaten by Burnley it doesn't mean Burnley are better, just that they were better on the day, and it doesn't mean ManUre didn't try. Savage sounds to me like he cares a lot, so no wonder he's pissed with some tool on the radio making unfounded remarks to the contrary.

Exactly, for that interviewer to say that Scunthorpe are lower in the league so how could Derby not beat them as they have to be a worse team is such mind numbing dumb stupidness.
I mean if everybody beat the team below them the Premiership would be won by Arsenal and Aston Villa would finish runners up every season!

come on stan, it's better than "110%, big chair, all credit!"
he's a tool, yeah, but he didn't walk out on hi country in sai...
hold on,i'm losing the run of meself here.

strachan used to be good for an interview, back when, before celtic sucked the life out of him.

You say teh reporter was clearly taken aback?
He was speechless for most of the interview and asked such stupid questions bar the 1.
And the thing about Robbie in that interview was he's a working class bloke who uses working class expressions! and the 11 new players thing is someone retorting with an attempted put down or sarcastically saying something thats exaggerating million fold to get back at somebody.
If that was a normal manager/player you'd get the normal run of the mill cliche answers which matter of factly you wouldn't learn anything new from.
I mean as much as I rate Arsene my manager his replies and interviews 'focused/energy/tough mentalness' we hear every fucking week, it's boring and non learning!
Why I loved John Gregory when he was at The Villa, so honest with his answers, I mean who could forget his' If I had a gun I'd shoot Dwight York' when at the time Yorkie was pushing for his transfer to ManURE.

Derby are going thru a bad patch alright but their still above the relegation places (18th out of 24) and lets face it 3 teams have to go down!
He just wanted some support and backing from his local Radio station.
Fans have far more power then ever b4 and it doesn't take much to get them going these days.
'The pies are shit'

i think savage had a good point to begin with but he didn't think through where he wanted the conversation to end up. by the end he's being sarcastic but it was pathetic to listen to, he was really put on the back foot and as a supporter you never want to hear a captain saying that basically the players aren't good enough to compete, especially when the team was relegated the year before. he should have made his point about fleetwood mac and then moved on or finished the interview, instead of trying to turn every other valid point made by the reporter into something beyond control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back