RIP Jim Daniels (1 Viewer)

This is quite upsetting. I never met the guy, but everyone said he was lovely.

It is with deep sadness that I share the news that my wonderful brother Jimmy passed away late on Thursday evening after a short but bravely fought illness. All who knew Jimmy will understand that there a few words to do him justice
2764.png
❤️ He was a gentle, very, very funny, considerate and deeply humble man and a unique thinker. On twitter he listed his passions “Music, Books, Food, Movies, Photos, Art, Trees, Pretending I can paint” (the last turned out to be untrue).

I am sorry to those of his friends only hearing this news now and hope you have someone close by to support you. For your tears Jim would probably say “Ah here” and then give you a big hug.

“Now so long, Marianne
It's time that we began to laugh
And cry and cry and laugh about it all again”

ah shite. never met him and sorry i didn't but he was a gent on here. seems like only yesterday he posted about his diagnosis.

was listening to the new new year album when i read this. hope he got to hear it. their song homebody hit me like a sucker punch.

No one can see me
I left my body home
He likes to stay there alone
And it's about time that we were torn in two
Now I'm looking for more than just a drink or two

Don't try to go and get him
But if you want you can tell him
I can't get home tonight
I can't stand on my two wheels

A body wants to be resting
The mind it wants to wander
Come join back up with me
Just wander out the door

r.i.p. jim

Ah no. That's terrible. I didn't know him but he seemed really sound. My condolences to all those who did.

Awfully sad. I never met him in person but I'd got in touch with him recently when I read his posts about being ill and he took the time to write a lovely reply. Poor Jim, condolences to his family.

Jimmy was genuinely one of the best people I ever met. Kind, funny, friendly, never a bad word to say about anyone and always thinking about others. His sister summed him up well in her tribute (reposted by 7 above).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back