Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

according to Tom Doorley (who's word I generally trust except he has a sick fascination with the bad ass cafe and captain americas) it is very good. You can't make a booking though which is a pain in de hole. We tried to go recently but couldn't get a seat. Also, La FRONCH aren't too good on veggie stuff, are they??

Can we talk about places outside the pale? Cos i'd just like to say that the homeplate in galway does the best breakfast fry in the world and the staff are lovely.

god no, we're not having any boggers ruin this thread.

DUBLIN POWER.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Can we talk about places outside the pale? Cos i'd just like to say that the homeplate in galway does the best breakfast fry in the world and the staff are lovely.

jane said:
This is great! Thanks, Kirstie!

What's the word on the new 'French' place across from the Market Bar? I keep meaning to try it, but I haven't made it. What's the menu like?

l'gueleton, or something? it is extremely nice, but as aforementioned, you can't book, which means there are literally queues down the length of fade street when it opens on weekend nights. the time i went, i turned up at about 8 on a monday and got a table for half nine. the menu seems to change quite regularly, but it's all french bistro type cuisine - cassoulets and mussels and roast duck and so forth - and it's not particularly expensive (i think the mains started at about twelve quid). i didn't notice what the veggie options were, i'm afraid. but they do very good chocolate brownies.

jane said:
This is great! Thanks, Kirstie!

What's the word on the new 'French' place across from the Market Bar? I keep meaning to try it, but I haven't made it. What's the menu like?

bastards. tried three times to get in there. no booking.

me mot says it's only delicious though.

even though i feel kinda posery and poncy going there, i like diep in ranelagh a lot. noodles and fancy tofu and bits of peanuts and some sorta sauce and half a lime to squeeze over it = YUM YUM.
for the lunches, cafe irie has yet to fail me. and say what you will, but the bad ass cafe do lovely pizzas.

Cafe Paradiso in Cork is my favourite place to eat. There was nowt in Dublin in the way of nice veggie gaffs while I was there.
I do miss the Bombay Pantry in Rathmines though.

zub said:
Cafe Paradiso in Cork is my favourite place to eat. There was nowt in Dublin in the way of nice veggie gaffs while I was there.
I do miss the Bombay Pantry in Rathmines though.

Bombay Pantry is super smashing great

The Thai House in Dalkey is yum! And affordable!

Super Dexta said:
even though i feel kinda posery and poncy going there, i like diep in ranelagh a lot. noodles and fancy tofu and bits of peanuts and some sorta sauce and half a lime to squeeze over it = YUM YUM.
for the lunches, cafe irie has yet to fail me. and say what you will, but the bad ass cafe do lovely pizzas.

Where in Ranelagh is this place? I've walked up and down Ranelagh loads of times and I've never seen it.

I know all these have been mentioned before, but just in case anyone missed em, here's some places I like:

Diep Le Shaker off Pembroke St (Thai)
Jaipur on George's St (Indian)
Khyber, dunno the name of the street, it's the same street Musician Inc is on I think, there's always a guy with a funny hat standing outside (Indian ... atmosphere is shit but food is ace)
Mermaid Cafe on Dame St (normal, good bit of fish, dunno about veggie)
That Moroccan place round the corner from Tower records

spiritualtramp said:
Where in Ranelagh is this place? I've walked up and down Ranelagh loads of times and I've never seen it.
it's kinda halfway between the luas station and the triangly bit where the centra is.

minka said:
l'gueleton, or something? it is extremely nice, but as aforementioned, you can't book, which means there are literally queues down the length of fade street when it opens on weekend nights. the time i went, i turned up at about 8 on a monday and got a table for half nine. the menu seems to change quite regularly, but it's all french bistro type cuisine - cassoulets and mussels and roast duck and so forth - and it's not particularly expensive (i think the mains started at about twelve quid). i didn't notice what the veggie options were, i'm afraid. but they do very good chocolate brownies.

aye, this place is only wonderful

black pudding and apple tartlet, mussels, toulouse sausage - all deadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back