Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I'm going to ring them today and give out. Anyone had experience with getting digestive reparations from restaurants?

mein mutti had a load of hassle with L'Ecrivain. the food was lovely but they fucked something up big time and were complete dicks about it, ignoring emails, phonecalls and then
responding with "whatevers, clever..no biggums"

perhaps you will have better luck

Damn. Should have cancelled the credit card. I dunno if it was their fault, or mine for not having an iron stomach for things like rare steak. Had a rake of steaks last night and I'm grand.

I suffered a horrendous bout of diarrohea from what i suspect was ice cream in tante zoes a few years back. Alas I never looked for any kind of refund cos of embarrassment.

Happy belated birthday thomas!

can't beat an auld steak

the suckling pig in l'ecrivain was the cat's pyjamas

yommo
I had that. The 24-hour slow-cooked one. It was alright. The suckling pig in Le Gueleton is awesome, though. And L'Ecrivain over-cooked my steak. Pricks. Got some free booiz out of it though. Thing is, I'd go back to The Winding Stair all over again for that stake. Lekker.

and would you believe that the suckling pig in le gueleton was a bit too tough going...was nice but not as nice..the fois gras was great though

yom yom

Anyone tried that new libanese / palestinian restaurant on South Richmond st in Portobello? I really hope it's good. Name escapes me, passed it just there, not a fast food joint but reasonably priced and the menu is simple enough with fattoush, tabouleh, hoummus etc and then falafels and meat stuffs as well. Falafel meal was like 7€ and the salads fiver.

It's called Rotana Cafe, opens up for coffee in the morning and serves food to 12/1 in the night. Seem like nice folks, and the falafel roll I had from there just now was only gorgeous, fresh stuff, lots of mint and parsley. YUM

It's called Rotana Cafe, opens up for coffee in the morning and serves food to 12/1 in the night. Seem like nice folks, and the falafel roll I had from there just now was only gorgeous, fresh stuff, lots of mint and parsley. YUM
I went here last night. Good stuff, they were only open 8 days, so they gave us some free falafel for the laugh. They could do better in the meat department, the lamb is that mankey processed stuff, dunno about the chicken. But it tasted GUUUD. Lebanese pizza looks good, too.

The Lebanese pizza is so-so. The guy who was serving us twice referred to it as "lamb piz.. uh, I mean, MEAT pizza".

And the side salads are mank.

I went to The Winding Stair last night. Only deadly, and so much tastier than L'Ecrivain. Best steak I've had in Dublin, only I ate too much and had to puke it all up in the middle of the night.

Still feeling a bit odd.

I nearly got sick while eating there. Only because I mistakingly ate a piece of fat that was disguised by a white sauce. It felt like I was eating an eyeball. I still shudder thinking about it.

The Lebanese pizza is so-so. The guy who was serving us twice referred to it as "lamb piz.. uh, I mean, MEAT pizza".

And the side salads are mank.

I'm not sure I'd have called that a side salad. But the hummus was tasty.

It's a falafel cart with seating, which is no bad thing, but if you judge it on the standards of a restaurant-type-establishment, you'll be a little disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back