Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Have they improved their portion sizes? Last time I went, which was a couple of years ago now, we were served matchbox sized portions of food and we were then bent over the cash register for a right rogering when it came to pay. Not been back since.
helena said:
Odessa do my favourite breakfast/brunch.

kirstie said:
Have they improved their portion sizes? Last time I went, which was a couple of years ago now, we were served matchbox sized portions of food and we were then bent over the cash register for a right rogering when it came to pay. Not been back since.

Hmm, I've only ever been there for brunch, but the brunch portions are grand, on the large size of average.

Thankin' you.

Brunch. Mmmm. If only my habit of staying up till 6am and then sleeping till 4pm didn't get in the way.

helena said:
Hmm, I've only ever been there for brunch, but the brunch portions are grand, on the large size of average.

'Juice' (george's st) remains a veggie fave of mine

Eggs florentine on a Sunday afternoon - bliss!
Noodles with tempeh in a ponzu sauce of an evening - killer!
I used to hate the place but it's really improved over the years.

Also used to love Bocaccio on Dame st. Staff singalongs and very good food (amazing caprese salad). It seems to haver become very depressed over the last year. Got take-away pizzas which were awful....

chickenham said:
QUOTE]

Juice ain't bad but it's expensive for what you get - ie, you'd get more veg in the veg fried rice from the Sunrise takeaway in Manor St - and, i have to admit, I resent the automatic 10% service charge - especially when the service is generally mediocre at best. Just my tuppence worth though.

ah jaysis the sunrise. Feeds me handsomely on a regular basis.

azezelo said:
chickenham said:
QUOTE]

Juice ain't bad but it's expensive for what you get - ie, you'd get more veg in the veg fried rice from the Sunrise takeaway in Manor St - and, i have to admit, I resent the automatic 10% service charge - especially when the service is generally mediocre at best. Just my tuppence worth though.

speaking odf manor street / stoneybatter - anyone remember mahogany gaspipes restaurant? i was there a couple of times a few years back and horrendously enjoyed myself. like eating a nice meal in someones front room. i passed it recently and its definitely not a restaurant anymore. even when it was in business it had really bizarre hit and miss opening times. great vegetarian fare served up in an old skool dubbalin koinduva wayyyyy.

chickenham said:
made it to juice (before weezer) and it does indeed rock. exceptionally friendly staff and die-licious fude. you are heavily penalised in the pocket if you venture outside the early bird menu tho. but very good overall.
and over the weekend i had a cafe irie (above se si) veggie doubledecker sandwich on tomato and fennell bread and it was divine. nice atmosphere aswell. an exceptionally earnest but very endearing eastern european door to soor sales man with a pull along shopping cart that your granny would use full of patent office rejected badly built plastic crap and wearing a heavy anorak on the hottest day of the year so far tried to sell his wares to the staff. highly ntertaining lunchtime theatre.

Donkey OJ said:
made it to juice (before weezer) and it does indeed rock. exceptionally friendly staff and die-licious fude. you are heavily penalised in the pocket if you venture outside the early bird menu tho. but very good overall.
and over the weekend i had a cafe irie (above se si) veggie doubledecker sandwich on tomato and fennell bread and it was divine. nice atmosphere aswell. an exceptionally earnest but very endearing eastern european door to soor sales man with a pull along shopping cart that your granny would use full of patent office rejected badly built plastic crap and wearing a heavy anorak on the hottest day of the year so far tried to sell his wares to the staff. highly ntertaining lunchtime theatre.

Yeah Juice is lovely, I go there with my Moms when she's footing the bill. Some Sunday I will go there for brunch when I think spending 10 euros on pancakes is a sound financial investment. I :heart: Sunday brunch by the way. Brunch recommendations for the Rathmines / Ranelagh / town area would go down a storm with me.

Oh if anyone happens to lunch or breakfast (or brunch for that matter) in the Ranelagh area, I was in a great cheap n cheerful cafe in the village yesterday. I think it's called Italiana Bruschetta Cafe. They've got lots of paninis (which actually turn out to be ciabattas! Rock!) and salads an tha on the menu, with plenty of veggies options. The place itself is pretty quaint, the prices are spot on and the staff are lovely.

Went to Ukiyo last night for dins on Exchequer St and it was amazing. Veggie-tastic. Had a salad with seaweed and plum dressing, veggie sushi rolls with lots of wasabi and a spicy soy dressing and a dark chocolate and cherry tart for desert. Drooool.
They got karaoke as well but I could barely hold myself up with all the food(and booze i suppose).

Has anyone been to Vermillion injun over terenure inn?
I do like Chameleon in Temple Bar for delicious Indonesian nosh.
Bombay Pantry is indeed very ace. www.bombaypantry.com
Intrigued by this Ukiyo talk, since I haven't found a replacement for Ayumi-Ya.
Sichuan in Stillorgan is yum for Chinese. Bit pricey, but.

I dunno dudes. Juice just aint doin it for me these days. 3/10

The Chameleon is truly a king amongst retaurants- they learnt me that cooked cabbage can be so good. 7/10

For good brunch I recommend the Market Bar. €6 for an ample plate of nosh. Veggie delights include the ROCKet and baby spinach salad (sans bacon lardons of course) or the chilled peppers stuffed with herbs and goats cheese. 6/10

But, best of all, is cookin your own lunch, eatin it out the back in the sunshine with buddies and some nice cold ice cold wine. The buzz of your own tasty meal. 9/10

carcass said:
Went to Ukiyo last night for dins on Exchequer St and it was amazing. Veggie-tastic. Had a salad with seaweed and plum dressing, veggie sushi rolls with lots of wasabi and a spicy soy dressing and a dark chocolate and cherry tart for desert. Drooool.
They got karaoke as well but I could barely hold myself up with all the food(and booze i suppose).
a veggie called carcass. inneresting. :)

milano have jizzed up their menu. loads of new veggie options and a nice bread and dips thing for starters. theres a roasted veg pizza which i got a bite of and it was chargrilled-tastic. despite its semi fast food restaurant decor and ship you in ship you out attitude to service i've yet to have an unsatisfactory meal here. they're very good at what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back