Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Daisy's Dukes said:
Its my folks wedding anniversary soon and I would like to take them out for a nice bit of grub to celebrate. I would appreciate any recommendations for the Dublin area, south side or City Centre. I'll be paying for 6 people, so I'm only looking for reasonably priced establishments!

Cheers

Mash, Castlewood Ave, Rathmines.|..|

Daisy's Dukes said:
Its my folks wedding anniversary soon and I would like to take them out for a nice bit of grub to celebrate. I would appreciate any recommendations for the Dublin area, south side or City Centre. I'll be paying for 6 people, so I'm only looking for reasonably priced establishments!

Cheers

How about Da Pino on Parliament St or Steps of Rome on Andrews Lane?

They're both reasonably priced with good cooking and good atmosphere. Da Pino has a particularly lengthy menu. Neither place is fancy or fussy but they're both good for relaxing and enjoying a bit of grub; parent-friendly I would say but fun too.

one of my favourites is the Thai Orchid on Westmoreland street. It doesnt look that inviting from the outside, but my lordy the food is great (cooked by thai chefs). If you like your Thai curries definitely check out the yellow musamun curry (possibly my favourite dish)... its wunderbra !

Anthony said:
hugh, did you not come with to the chinese on Moore st that time with Yakuza?
It's deadly.

Yeah I did but I'm not sure that's the same place that Dud is talking about ....

dudley said:
the good one is called 'northen palace', note the missing r.
if you are walking towards lidl on moore st, its about the 2nd to last on the right hand side, upstairs above a russian delicatessen. you will know you are in the right place when you walk in and see some backwards carpet on the wall which someone has helpfully spray painted 'fuck you' on.

some of the other places on moore st are meant to be shocking, but this one has always been ok with the FSA.

the deep fried aubergines are the best thing ever
and the pork noodles, ang ang ang ang ang

i think that's the place that the fella went to with his chinese class. he said it was extremely yummy, and thinks they got special bonus cheapness for ordering in (wonky) mandarin.

restaurant recs - i too would try for an early bird in somewhere like jacob's ladder. i've always been fond of the mermaid, but dunno do they do any special deals of that ilk. oh, and the italian place in a basement in meeting house square whose name i can't remember is very nice and very reasonable.

il bacarro?

minka said:
oh, and the italian place in a basement in meeting house square whose name i can't remember is very nice and very reasonable.

minka said:
oh, and the italian place in a basement in meeting house square whose name i can't remember is very nice and very reasonable.

yeah but don't go there for lunch it's a bit of a rip off,
my aunt ordered pork with some nice sounding sauce, and that's what
she got, a slab of meat and no veg or side dish at all.
ghhhhmpf

kirstie said:
il bacarro?

Il Bacarro is great ...... I recommend it. An Italian restaurant with no pizza. Deadly. Good atmosphere too. And cheap but drinkable red wine by the carafe.

Brian Conniffe said:
my favorite indian restruant is Khans in Donnybrook. superb.

I don't like this place. Everyone was like "oooh you have to try khans!".

The pilau was just normal rice with a strand or two of saffron thrown in (that is not pilau!) and I found the saag stuff to be not very tasty.

when it comes to indians only Bombay Pantry can please me.

Gruel on Dame street is pretty nice. They do a wicked Hot Pot and yummy bangers and mash for about a tenner each.

I like the totally unmatching chairs and tables in the place.

I also am a big fan of the new Govindas place on Abbey Street.

kirstie said:
il bacarro?

that's the lad. very yummy.

oh, and seconding the gruel recommendation (it's like the mermaid's baby brother or something), though it might be a bit informal for a fancy dinner out. the food is yum.

nlgbbbblth said:
that place opposite Road records on Fade St

Le Gueleton or summat?

it's supposed to be lovely, but you can't book tables there - probably not a good idea for an occasion meal unless you want to spend ages queueing.

i've actually heard good things about the restaurant above the lord edward. old-fashioned and friendly, and very nice fish. probably not great if you don't like fish, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back