Replacing the filter Thing in an Extractor Fan (1 Viewer)

classic seanc

So how the hell do I do this?

Like, I need one of them glass wool type square yokes that go into the extractor above the hob there. Currently the extractor extracts nothing. Do they sell this stuff in shops?

DUNNO!!!

So how the hell do I do this?

Like, I need one of them glass wool type square yokes that go into the extractor above the hob there. Currently the extractor extracts nothing. Do they sell this stuff in shops?

DUNNO!!!

The filter won't help extracting it just collects grease. If there's none there already you need to get one, presumably from a shop that sells your type of extractor(I've only ever gotten from the supplier). You can then either wash them or replace the elements depending on the type of extractor/filter.

But it's clogged with grease, won't that stop it working?

Ah, so is it a metal one or does it have other stuff in there? Take it off anyway and either wash it by hand with loads of washing up liquid or stick it in the dish washer.

Ah, so is it a metal one or does it have other stuff in there? Take it off anyway and either wash it by hand with loads of washing up liquid or stick it in the dish washer.

I don't relish the idea of washing it, I assume it's been there since whenever the kitchen was put in eons ago. I'll give it a shot though.

You can get cut to size universal kits in most hardware stores, actually, need to get myself one today.. I'm guessing that it is probably one of those charcoal, foam, cloth combination things right? You probably could clean it, but ewww, gross!

You can get cut to size universal kits in most hardware stores, actually, need to get myself one today.. I'm guessing that it is probably one of those charcoal, foam, cloth combination things right? You probably could clean it, but ewww, gross!

Yeah one of those yokes. Isn't it called glass wool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back