Replacing a Netbook (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
My netbook has served me well these past four years but I'm thinking of upgrading. I've noticed that Netbukes aren't in fashion much anymore and nowhere locally seems to stock them so I think the best alternative would be a tablet with a keyboard. Anyone got much experience of this kinda set up? I'm lookin for something that comfortably runs Office as it's primarily for working on the go. The only downside I found to my netbuke was battery life, barely 90 minutes so that would be the other major factor. I don't want a laptop as I find they're not all that portable. I want something that fits snuggly in my backpack without weighing too much. Any recommendations, suggestions? Any tablet/keyboard combos I should avoid? Any and all advice appreciated.

How quick and accurately do you type? I was sending an e-mail on my dad's reasonably pricey and newish android tablet at the weekend and I found the latency between keystrokes and them apearing on screen to be really annoying, I type quite quickly but I'm a fucker for typos.

How quick and accurately do you type? I was sending an e-mail on my dad's reasonably pricey and newish android tablet at the weekend and I found the latency between keystrokes and them apearing on screen to be really annoying, I type quite quickly but I'm a fucker for typos.

I haven't counted but maybe 50 or 60 words a minute, pretty accurately, touch typing. I want a proper physical keyboard with whatever device I purchase.

Might have a look at these Chromebooks, are google still not evil? I find their incessant demands for my phone number and real name in apps a stone drag. Does Office run smoothly on a Chromebook?

Chromebook only rums chrome OS apps. Like the ones you would run in your chrome browser. It doesn't run windows software.
Why not do this?: http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_netbook/
Also tablets are pretty much shite for doing anything other than playing games and looking at pictures of cats.
If you actually do / produce anything with your netbook you'd be better off getting another one...

No Office is a deal breaker. I know there are things like Open Office but I've had the horrors dealing with it before when having to get Office docs edited in it.

Microsoft Office rumoured to be coming out for iPads in a few months.

Combine with this:

1881.png

My netbook has served me well these past four years but I'm thinking of upgrading. I've noticed that Netbukes aren't in fashion much anymore and nowhere locally seems to stock them so I think the best alternative would be a tablet with a keyboard. Anyone got much experience of this kinda set up? I'm lookin for something that comfortably runs Office as it's primarily for working on the go. The only downside I found to my netbuke was battery life, barely 90 minutes so that would be the other major factor. I don't want a laptop as I find they're not all that portable. I want something that fits snuggly in my backpack without weighing too much. Any recommendations, suggestions? Any tablet/keyboard combos I should avoid? Any and all advice appreciated.

What did you get in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back