• Repeal

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is entirely anecdotal; I did my last canvass on Wednesday and the for the last 2 nights I've been standing on the side of the road holding signs on the road into the village, just in the door from the last thing.

It's the last 2 nights that have made me confident that we're getting the right result. The amount of 40's and 50's dads, a demo I'd have considered to be difficult for yes, who were beeping their horns, waving, thumbs up; it's made me feel really good about the chances of a yes.

I also felt like there was a momentum surge since around tuesday. Dunno what exactly made me think that - it was something intangible. There are probably a lot of folks for whom this isn't exactly a burning personal issue. I got the sense a lot of those people only really started to give it proper consideration in the past few days.

Today in town was great. I walked up grafton st around 12ish. Every 2nd person had a YES sticker or badge. There were 3 or 4 pathetic looking No saps down the trinity end, with no one paying them a blind bit of heed.

Feeling that sense of solidarity with complete strangers in your own home town is something special. That makes me think we can't lose this. But, of course, I know we can. Just, fingers crossed we don't.

Myself and oulfella were down in Donegal earlier (yes, it's THAT constituency). He was an auto yes and was like 'i was against this 35 years ago'. He was grilling the folks down there trying to get a reading. It wouldn't make me mad confident but they sorta were 'a like fuck, it's a stupid law we need something'.

Anyways. Massive respect and gratitude to all you on here who've put so many hours into trying to make this place better. Thanks. I've twice funded trips to England for my friends and it was just done, we never spoke of it again but it's always stayed with me and I can't imagine how it was for them, but you people out putting your spare hours into this have for sure warmed thier hearts and if it doesn't pass there is an absolute clarity that people here want them to be treated right by our laws.

when i was in the shop after voting, to the other customer (a man in his 50s probably, the owner says to him "make sure you vote" and his response was "i'm a yes" so i gather that she was assuming he would be a no vote.

she said nothing of the sort to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back