• Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw some of these posters around today
View attachment 12237

They are in breach of the rules on election postering as they don't have the name of the publisher and the printer on the front, an offense punishable by a stretch of up to 3 months and a fine up to 630 quid. Reported them to both the cops and the county council so I'm curious as to which one will take responsibility for dealing with it.

Also contacted the refcom for clarification on whether or not a private individual can remove an illegal poster, in case anyone fancied taking matters into their own hands.
Do you know if you can complain to the council re: the incorrect, inaccurate and scaremongery type of posters, or am I right in thinking the councils have no control over the content of posters?

Do you know if you can complain to the council re: the incorrect, inaccurate and scaremongery type of posters, or am I right in thinking the councils have no control over the content of posters?

Nah, the content isn't really up to them unfortunately.

I know some people have reported some of the more graphic no posters by the fringier groups to the cops under the public order act due to them being likely to cause upset or offence and they have been taken down

Nah, the content isn't really up to them unfortunately.

I know some people have reported some of the more graphic no posters by the fringier groups to the cops under the public order act due to them being likely to cause upset or offence and they have been taken down
Sound, thanks.

I thought I read somewhere that you could report posters that had untruths on them. Can't remember where (probably twitter).

Those cunts who were outside the maternity hospitals have been doing the rounds. I work beside the Irish Times office and I've seen them there twice. I presume they target there to try and influence how they report the issue? Can't really think of any other reason. I'm sorry now I didn't get a pic of them and plaster their sick, twisted, faces all over social media. One of them had a big camera around his neck, I presume, to take photos (ala scientologists) to try and intimidate people who don't agree with them. There were 4/5 people in total. Mostly young guys, with a couple of middle-aged women (probably their ma's) as well.

I'm noticing a good few 'pro-lifers' who self-proclaim themselves as a 'Proud Irish Patriot', and I saw a poster yesterday that had pics of the proclamation signatories with the caption, 'they said to cherish all children equally'. Yeah, but then they went and massacred a load of brits.

Can't wait til all this shit is over.

I thought I read somewhere that you could report posters that had untruths on them. Can't remember where (probably twitter).
There should be content guidelines for all participating groups/parties who are canvassing for referendums and/or elections, and all posters or literature should have to be approved first. It seems inconceivable that posters with incorrect information or blatant lies are allowed be stuck up all over the city!!

I would have thought differently? The last poll I'm aware of had Yes polling at 40%, No 20% and the rest undecided.

It's an uncomfortably large undecided, but you'd have to imagine Yes won't get at least 10% of that

I think its trump 2.0.

Social Media is so vocal about things that a huge number of people are going to be afraid to say boo about their thoughts for fear of being eaten alive on the internet. Like if any one of the high rollers in the campaign for no fucks up on twitter it can guarantee about 60 shares going 'holy fuck look at this guy'. If you are not politically engaged that is a terrifying environment and i'm certain there is a (slightly literal) mass of people who are going to emerge, quietly nip into a booth and slip back onto the couch without ever making waves in the woke/left/right wars of cybervirtue. Strictly is on like.

Yeah, I have a feeling it could be a brexit situation. The left will be complacent and the right will dig their heels in with the oul biddies voting in huge numbers. The under 25s will be all over twitter in the campaign but stay in bed on the day, the lazy, unreliable cunts.

I think its trump 2.0.

Social Media is so vocal about things that a huge number of people are going to be afraid to say boo about their thoughts for fear of being eaten alive on the internet. Like if any one of the high rollers in the campaign for no fucks up on twitter it can guarantee about 60 shares going 'holy fuck look at this guy'. If you are not politically engaged that is a terrifying environment and i'm certain there is a (slightly literal) mass of people who are going to emerge, quietly nip into a booth and slip back onto the couch without ever making waves in the woke/left/right wars of cybervirtue. Strictly is on like.

I guess it depends on how much credence you want to give to the polls. I don't think people will lie, if asked.

Agree with the rest there. We've a small population. It just depends on how many still subscribe to the archaic instructions the catholic church give them.

By the sounds of things this vote is looking pretty dicey : /

I went on my first (ever, for anything) canvas on Monday. The response on the door was very positive; I'd say 60% yes and only 2 hard no's from the people who's houses I knocked on. That being said it's a new estate and the residents trended quite young here. One of the woman organising the local yes group is a seasoned campaigner on things and said that we still need to cover the more mature estates here and she reckons they'll be a tougher trip.

Yeah, I have a feeling it could be a brexit situation. The left will be complacent and the right will dig their heels in with the oul biddies voting in huge numbers. The under 25s will be all over twitter in the campaign but stay in bed on the day, the lazy, unreliable cunts.
Probably sleeping in their Repeal t-shirts.

You'd miss Jane and Janer at times like this

Janer had a change of heart years ago and is now pro choice!
Jane from America ? haven't seen her on Thumped since the 2000's.

are there ANY anti abortion groups in Ireland have any leeway at all on their stances ?
e.g. rape victims. underage girls, incest, disabled or mental ill women etc.
or do they just not care about all women in an equal opportunities way ?

i'm a middle aged male with mental problems since i was a teenager.
i have never wanted to have kids and i've never been in a relationship (or want to be).
i haven't had a passport since 1990.

especially when i think of women in my situation i feel revolted that someone
thinks they know better than a woman herself does.

Jane from America ? haven't seen her on Thumped since the 2000's.

are there ANY anti abortion groups in Ireland have any leeway at all on their stances ?
e.g. rape victims. underage girls, incest, disabled or mental ill women etc.
or do they just not care about all women in an equal opportunities way ?

i'm a middle aged male with mental problems since i was a teenager.
i have never wanted to have kids and i've never been in a relationship (or want to be).
i haven't had a passport since 1990.

especially when i think of women in my situation i feel revolted that someone
thinks they know better than a woman herself does.
I didn't know there was more than 1 Vote No group until that protest outside Holles St the other day which caused one group to denounce the other group (whom they were working harmoniously with up to that point).

They don't have any leeway. Basically, the 8th gets repealed or it doesn't. If it doesn't, the status quo remains, which would be shit beyond belief. Not just in terms of this issue, but also in terms of those championing the No side (ganley, quinn and a whole chohort of ring-wing, religious nuts) having their influence win out. The thoughts of it disgusts me.

Trinity did a big voter registration drive over the past couple of days. The amount of Yes/Ta badges being worn around town would gladden the heart.

As with the marriage equality vote, the emphasis is rightly being put on the kiddos. The could, and hopefully will, swing this the right way.

PS: Jane moved to Sweden. She's to be found on twitter these days.

PPS: Fuck twitter

Really? That's mad

ann post said:
Social Media is so vocal about things that a huge number of people are going to be afraid to say boo about their thoughts for fear of being eaten alive on the internet.
+1

For example - the "one in five babies are aborted in the UK" number is actually true ... well, the use of the word "babies" is questionable but there are 250-odd abortions per 1000 live births in the UK according to the WHO, see https://gateway.euro.who.int/en/ind...per-1000-live-births/visualizations/#id=20644

This morning I saw some video containing some doctor speaking for Repeal criticising the 'No' campaign and saying "I don't know where they got the 'one in 5' number". I wanted to post a comment saying 'LOOK IT UP, YOU PRICK! It took me under a minute to find' but I was afraid to, because if I did everyone would attack me for hating women or some shit

Oh and c'mere, I imagine the rural vote is going to be leaning towards 'no'. A couple of times I've come across farmers expressing horror at the thought of aborting calves. Calves, lads. Animals that we deliberately kill and fucking eat anyway. One oul lad said to me Da "if it's wrong for people sure it has to be wrong for them too". You don't need to pass a cop-on test to get the vote

Really? That's mad

+1

For example - the "one in five babies are aborted in the UK" number is actually true ... well, the use of the word "babies" is questionable but there are 250-odd abortions per 1000 live births in the UK according to the WHO, see WHO European health information at your fingertips.

This morning I saw some video containing some doctor speaking for Repeal criticising the 'No' campaign and saying "I don't know where they got the 'one in 5' number". I wanted to post a comment saying 'LOOK IT UP, YOU PRICK! It took me under a minute to find' but I was afraid to, because if I did everyone would attack me for hating women or some shit
I heard from a different source that the number was 1.26%, rather than the 20% those posters claim.

But, as you say, it's probably worded as it is, on purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back