Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mick Wallace's bill on fatal foetal abnormalities has been defeated

A comment on there reckons the unconstitutionality comes from the Roche v Roche judgement wherein the Supreme Court found that

in defining article 40.3.3 in Roche v Roche... the article clearly protests [I'm assuming he means protects] and (any?) feotus (sic) capable of being born regardless of its ability to survive.

Still, it'd be nice if the AG came out and told us what she was basing her decision on.

Attorney General severely undermined by Shane Ross, the Boris Johnson of Government - Independent.ie

The above is interesting, Kenny seemingly bottled the opportunity to bring Ross into line by not making a formal cabinet decision on the vote, instead satisfying himself with whipping FG into line. Power before principle again then.

Still banging on about bias, Christ almighty.

Here, did anyone ever explain why this happened? BAI upholds two complaints against D'Arcy Show

as has been pointed out many times before, "balance" is only legally required when there is a referendum, which there currently is not.

Last edited:
Still banging on about bias, Christ almighty.

Here, did anyone ever explain why this happened? BAI upholds two complaints against D'Arcy Show

as has been pointed out many times before, "balance" is only legally required when there is a referendum, which there currently is not.

Presenters have to be 'balanced' (whatever that means) at all times, not just around elections/referendums. It was brought in a few years back to no great protest, I can only recall the sadly departed Marc Coleman bringing attention to it.
Also, anything that sees Darcy given a dressing down is ok with me, the pompous prick.

Presenters have to be 'balanced' (whatever that means) at all times, not just around elections/referendums. It was brought in a few years back to no great protest, I can only recall the sadly departed Marc Coleman bringing attention to it.
Also, anything that sees Darcy given a dressing down is ok with me, the pompous prick.
Do you have a link on when and where it was brought in?

April 2013 (I thought it earlier than that but there you go).

that all news broadcast by a broadcaster is reported and presented in an objective and impartial manner and without any expression of the broadcaster‘s own views, (b) that the broadcast treatment of current affairs, including matters which are either of public controversy or the subject of current public debate, is fair to all interests concerned and that the broadcast matter is presented in an objective and impartial manner and without any expression of the broadcaster‘s own views

That section seems to be the kicker, page 5 of 16 below
Hmmm, PDF failure, try here Codes & Standards - Broadcast Authority of Ireland

Bloody hell, how on earth does one decide what "public controversy" is? Do we need a general vote to gauge the level of interest in every possible issue?

I suppose there's census results coming out... anyone who says they're religious presumably believes in whatever their religion preaches.

Last edited:
Cmxadj0WAAAtNp8.jpg

cowards

Bloody hell, how on earth does one decide what "public controversy" is? Do we need a general vote to gauge the level of interest in every possible issue?

I don't think there's any doubt this one is a public cintroversy, your broader point holds true though, we may not like opinions but people should be free to express them without the need for qualification.

too much mad, terrible stuff in here to quote it all

Interview With a Woman Who Recently Had an Abortion at 32 Weeks

That’s when my husband asked him, “Given the current political climate and what’s happening to reproductive rights, do you feel hopeful at all about the future?” Dr. Hern was like, “No, I really don’t.” It was pretty depressing, and again, that’s how he is: he’s very no-nonsense, very, very honest. He was like, “Look, the fact of the matter is, who wants to go through med school and all that work and all that debt to come out of it not making any money, having threats on their life? Having to deal with leaky roofs?” And of course, the answer is no one. No one wants to sign up for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back