• Repeal

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The hypocrisy though. They'd no problem with allowing a pregnant 12 year old access to information, or travelling for a termination, but having it happen here? No way.

it was at this point i caved and told them to fuck off

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah now! These "babies" are just getting bigger and bigger, they do realise that the 8th only applies to the UNborn right? Nobody is talking about post partum abortions... but, if they want to get into that, pretty sure it is a higher proportion of men than women who commit filicide.

Ah now! These "babies" are just getting bigger and bigger, they do realise that the 8th only applies to the UNborn right? Nobody is talking about post partum abortions... but, if they want to get into that, pretty sure it is a higher proportion of men than women who commit filicide.
i've seen people on twitter referring to 'aborting 12 week old babies' now, they've fully committed to foetus=baby. we'll all have to backdate our age 9 months.

Gearing up for 4 days in a row of canvassing and leafleting this week, I might actually die of exhaustion but sure whats 4 days. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is starting to feel physically and emotionally exhausted this last month, after months (YEARS??) of campaigning at this stage. This morning when waiting for my shuttle to work at Heuston all of the Nos were out in their bus, I didn't even have the energy to be angry, I just burst into tears.

I was talking to a room of my female friends over the weekend, and we're all GETTING TO THAT AGE (pre and post 30 give or take, I'll actually be 30 in two weeks) where kids are on the horizon for those of us who want that. And it kind of just struck me that if this referendum doesn't pass, I don't ever want to have a child in this country. That's been weighing on my mind a lot over the last few days since. I wasn't the only one in that discussion who was putting some plans in place to leave Ireland if the referendum doesn't pass. I know that's not the most productive way to deal with these things, walking away from a bush fire instead of picking up a bucket of water, but it was the reality. Anyway, its something I hadn't really thought of before, and I wonder how many other women my age are feeling this way.

THAT SAID, I'm also trying to not eat the shit sandwich and have the most positive week of the campaign. I hope everyone else is looking after themselves. As a women who has had both an abortion and a miscarriage, and as a woman with a womb who is thinking a lot about what Ireland actually has to offer me right now, I know that this campaign has been a re-traumatizing experience and I hope everyone gets some much needed support when Friday passes, however it goes.

<3

ugh

ugh

Fair play to that person for being so honest, most No campaigners i've spoke to won't admit that. Fuck them all.

My understanding is that we're also being used as a "hopeful" example for the big legal challenge to roe vs. wade that they're gearing up for in the States, a major reason all the money is pouring in on the no side.

for the last 5 days of my facebook account (deleting it at the weekend) I'm posting loads of Yes stuff. Have been 'attacked' by an ex-work collegue who tells me he's voting No (even though he thinks access to terminations should be available to incest and rape victims - go figure). The reason I put the '' around 'attack' is because he prefaced his rant with, 'I don't want to discuss this, but....', then went into some bullshit tirade that I didn't even read.

So I upped the volume of stuff that I was posting, mostly because I knew he was seeing it.

Today he messages me (I didn't open the message to give him the satisfaction of seeing a 'read' beside it), saying he's muting me for 3 days. Like, how fucking passive aggressive is that? telling someone you're muting them. Then there was a follow-up message that started with, 'btw, don't take this personally'. Prick.

I'm twice as determined now. I wish I had a thousand votes.

This is an excellent piece by Sally Rooney; she makes some obvious and valid points which the NO side prefer to remain deaf to.
LRB · Sally Rooney · An Irish Problem
I'm gonna put the fact that you forgot that I already posted this and you responded to my post down to the stress of the referendum. Come next saturday there will be no excuses though so watch out.

anyway, I think Mr. Bruton here pretty much explains the no-side's thinking perfectly,

John Bruton says abortion is inconsistent with State’s philosophy

any logical inconsistencies, self-delusional hypocrisy and out-right lies are brushed aside for repeating "well it's a sad situation but we can't be seen to be killing the babbies" again and again and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back