• Repeal

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
drove from Dublin to Donegal today, and back. From what I could see along the route (particularly in Monaghan and Donegal) I took it was about 80% No posters up to 20% Yes. Maybe the Yes campaign are targetting more populous areas? Or maybe the No crowd are just taking down posters. Either way, you'd be thinking if the level of visible campaigning is anything to go by, both areas will have a No majority.

Yes are being pulled down en masse in Donegal, within hours of going up in some cases.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just to give this post the proper tone policing* that it deserves I'm giving it a sentence by sentence breakdown. Why? because not all feedback is positive. I think is important no matter what your politics are to deconstruct the feedback loops.

Trust me, I hate that this is the situation, but men will decide this vote.

Agreed, those are the numbers.

Women have been doing the work.

Agreed, apart from the men I know who've been putting up posters, having conversations and canvassing.

Men who vote No think they deserve to control women’s bodies.

Not agreed. Its a far stretch to A: prescribe what someone else is thinking. B: how they internally construct their morals. C: if it is the case are aware of successive equal rights struggles across years of history in the sphere of gender and have made an active decision. D: are aware of the impact of the decision beyond being told what they are thinking. E: Its just condescending and presumptive to tell people what they are thinking, it doesn't matter if you are 100% correct, people won't feel it that way without a heavy cognitive dissonance trip, through which, as a teacher and trainer I've found has to be supported positively and its the very, very rare case where negative support is the solution to helping someone into a new knowledge sphere.

Men who stay home are complicit in the No campaign.

Agreed.

Undecided men & Repeal men - this is up to you.

Agreed,up to the point of a transfer of responsibility.

Agreed.

*now I probably wont make any friends dismantling this tweet at this time. I saw it because twitter sent me a notification to see it this morning, and I am a man who has expressed almost no interaction with either campaign online bar research, so I assume I'm not the only man to get a push notification on it. I get it, I'm male, I won't ever really understand and empathy is the best I can do, but if the battleground is the 18-24 bracket, the approach may be more automated than it is considered/

what gets my goat is that these fuckers know there'll be a complaint but it doesn't stop them because they know nothing will happen to them. There's another ad in today's papers with a fireman in it. The fire brigade will complain and again, fuck all will happen

Where's the accountability? This country really needs to sort it's shit when it comes to telling lies around elections/referenda. It's disgraceful these evil shits can get away with it.

That save8 campaign have a load of kids out on grafton st there at the moment. All early-20s, handing out leaflets and walking up and down the street with posters full of lies. A good few were being challenged by Yes people (with the Yes/Ta badges on).

Which reminds me that I must get to the pop-up shop in Temple bar to get me some of those badges.

While the asai have sidestepped the campaign by saying it's a campaign, is quite likely that this claim might not stand up if the ads are being placed by VIE Ltd, which like together 4yes is a Ltd company who's income depends on is visibility. I'm not sure about this but I think it's awful that public servants who should be entitled to neutrality should be misrepresented.

Which reminds me that I must get to the pop-up shop in Temple bar to get me some of those badges.

If anyone is planning on going to Josh T Pearson tonight I'm going to have about 15 that I plan to give away at the end of the night (did similar after car seat headrest on Wednesday, people descended on me like vultures), but if you see me before the end, I'm a big beardy idiot probably with a trucker cap on, just ask for one, otherwise I'll be holding a sign.

will you have any of these to give away?

fuck off and talk to Una Mullally - limited edition tee

una+black.png

There is just no reaching people who think abortion is the selfish, needless killing of babies. They don't even try to engage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back