Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair enough. And I agree.
Bad enough on any issue to have divergence, but on something fundamental like this. Eesh.

You think the optics of arguing against a campaigner with Downs herself plays into this?
Or just a political calculation based on the SF vote being more strictly Catholic up there?

I wouldn't profess to know enough about the situation in NI to speak with authority but I did see it suggested that there was a degree of cynicism to the move, as in they tabled an amendment the DUP won't support, they won't support what the DUP proposed so they can signal to the section of their support that is pro-life that they tried to get something done to prevent abortion but whaddaya gonna do? The DUP won't play ball. I've no clue how accurate that is.

I wouldn't profess to know enough about the situation in NI to speak with authority but I did see it suggested that there was a degree of cynicism to the move, as in they tabled an amendment the DUP won't support, they won't support what the DUP proposed so they can signal to the section of their support that is pro-life that they tried to get something done to prevent abortion but whaddaya gonna do? The DUP won't play ball. I've no clue how accurate that is.
That sounds a lot more convoluted than what I was thinking, so given that it's the north, it's probably spot on

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back