Reliced guitars - why? (1 Viewer)

for that price I'll take a clean one I can wreck myself.

What price are you seeing? I'd probably take one over a Fender Custom shop. Not that I'd be buying either but that's where the comparison is for me.

What price are you seeing? I'd probably take one over a Fender Custom shop. Not that I'd be buying either but that's where the comparison is for me.
Seen them north of 1500 on adverts a few times..so I’m guessing a good bit more ‘new’
A lot of the custom shop stuff is ‘aged’ as well

at my level of ability and current level of actually being actively playing I couldn’t justify paying that for any guitar tbh. I’d rather by a rake of parts or ‘fixer uppers’ and flute around with them for the next 2 years

Seen them north of 1500 on adverts a few times..so I’m guessing a good bit more ‘new’
A lot of the custom shop stuff is ‘aged’ as well

at my level of ability and current level of actually being actively playing I couldn’t justify paying that for any guitar tbh. I’d rather by a rake of parts or ‘fixer uppers’ and flute around with them for the next 2 years

Aha yeah I think around 2 grand or just under new. I probably should know. Fender Custom Shop are closer to 4 grand.

If anyone has any interest in this kind of stuff SC Relics do a really great job on both finishes and reliced finishes. I think it's useful if you have a vintage guitar that's been stripped or badly refinished and a shiny new finish would look out of place with the rest of the guitar.

watched this video last night; TL;DW - chap gets a badly repainted 58 strat, and brings it to a guy who had somehow managed to get a pallet of genuine NOS laquer fender would have used in the 50s, same brand and product name - and he recoats the guitar in a genuine nearly 70 year old paint - and then relics it...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

watched this video last night; TL;DW - chap gets a badly repainted 58 strat, and brings it to a guy who had somehow managed to get a pallet of genuine NOS laquer fender would have used in the 50s, same brand and product name - and he recoats the guitar in a genuine nearly 70 year old paint - and then relics it...

I can’t imagine someone lovingly repainting a car from 58 and then taking a hammer to it

It is kinda a symptom of the ear we live in.

Guitars for people who collect crap essentially and do jobs that require the appearance of doing work - upper middle managment tier golfy types.

A guitar that gives the appearance of having done work, while realistically not being all that used.

i just was suggested a different video about that. 50 fucking k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back