Relationships - what is the point? (1 Viewer)

I'm hittin 8/9 months, quite a ways to go yet. I'd say another 18 months before i start to feel the pinch.

Stay strong fella, a big land mark is when you stop bothering to wash anymore and then food stops tasting of anything but dry ashes... from then on it's a short hop to sporadic bursting into tears and sitting up at the bar in Grogans all by yourself

i've been wondering a bit why we don't commit to friendships at all, let alone in the same way as sexy relationships - in the sense of priorities and considering them in making big decisions, or conflict resolution, or breaking up. i think it's harder to replace friends (dear friends, STOP LEAVING THE COUNTRY, xoxo lisa) than to get into a relationship, probably because of the lust factor/sexual intimacy creating a general sense of intimacy.
Ay
For a few years after I came back to Ireland after having been away for a few years, most of my friends lived in Dublin and we all saw each other regularly and it was real nice ... and then everyone started moving away, and it's bloddy hard to keep in touch with people anymore. WHY DID WE DO IT? It's kind of mad.

Ay
For a few years after I came back to Ireland after having been away for a few years, most of my friends lived in Dublin and we all saw each other regularly and it was real nice ... and then everyone started moving away, and it's bloddy hard to keep in touch with people anymore. WHY DID WE DO IT? It's kind of mad.

I know. All these married people, strewn about various suburbs in the sticks, miles from anything interesting, miserable, inviting their old buddies over once a year for some pate on crackers and warm beer, discussing how much their new deck cost. Which is all wet and unused. Because it's Ireland.

I read Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen, The Heart is Decitful Above All Things and Kafka's the Trail, so I learned the world is a cruel and uncaring place where horrible things happen to people who don't deserve it so you're better off shutting yourself off from it before it breaks you altogether/quote]

THE BIT WITH THE DILDO JUMPING OUT THE WINDOW IS HYSTERICAL. AS IS THE CAR CRASH WANK. I FOUND THE WHOLE BOOK CRAZY..BUT GOOD. LIKE LIFE AND FRIENDS AND ALL THE OTHER CRAPOLA THAT'S BEEN MENTIONED ON THIS MEANDERING THREAD. IT FREAKED OUT A COUPLE OF FRIENDS AND ANOTHER ONE COULDN'T EVEN GET HALFWAY THROUGH IT. ALSO, IT'S A BOOK WRITTEN BY LEONARD COHEN. THE MAD BASTARD.

NEVERTHELESS... WHAT'S THE POINT OF ANYTHING?

TO ROCK ASS. AND ROCK IT HARD

TEKWITHAQUAANNNNDO!!!!

sporadic bursting into tears and sitting up at the bar in Grogans all by yourself

awwwwh!!!! that's where the ham and cheese toasties come in. i had one with my pint the other day, pure lovely. bitta mustard on the side always helps too.

IT FREAKED OUT A COUPLE OF FRIENDS AND ANOTHER ONE COULDN'T EVEN GET HALFWAY THROUGH IT.

what - this thread? or beautiful losers? :p

did you not read the bit where I said about the food tasting like nothing but ashes?

jeez, keep up with my existential angst here please...

get over it panty. the thing i love about grogans is that there's a great happy atmosphere but you're guaranteed there's always going to be someone more miserable than you in there somewhere. so you're always a winner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back