Record bag stolen- what next? (1 Viewer)

shitepipe

Website
www.mixcloud.com
So, I had a bag of about 60 records stolen in Dame Lane last Saturday night, at the back entrance of Le Cirk/Stags Head. Mainly disco/funk stuff, all pretty hard to replace. Have reported it to the cops at Pearse Street.

Whats the best thing to do now? Get in touch with the second hand shops? I can think of:
Road
Freebird
Spindizzy
City Discs

Any other ones?

Hmm, i guess ebay and discogs as well.

Anyone got any tips for effective vigilante behaviour in a situation like this?

Much appreciated...

Commiserations again dude.
Mainly disco/funk stuff
Hmmnnnn... this could be your suspect.
disco-stu.jpg

So, I had a bag of about 60 records stolen in Dame Lane last Saturday night, at the back entrance of Le Cirk/Stags Head. Mainly disco/funk stuff, all pretty hard to replace. Have reported it to the cops at Pearse Street.

Whats the best thing to do now? Get in touch with the second hand shops? I can think of:
Road
Freebird
Spindizzy
City Discs

Any other ones?

Hmm, i guess ebay and discogs as well.

Anyone got any tips for effective vigilante behaviour in a situation like this?

Much appreciated...

Shit..bad one.

Add All City on Crowe street & the stall in georges st market to that list. Wouldnt hurt to do up a list of records that were in the bag & drop them into the shops so that they'll know what to be looking for.

Keep an eye on buyandsell & gumtree as well.

Ebay & Discogs are unlikely unless you had some valuable records..someone who robs a bag on the street is more likely to try and make a quick buck than listing them all on the net & mailing them out to folk...

Its a few days later now but I assume you had a good look around the area? Asking in all the pubs if anyone left a bag there on sun night? Its worth a try...could have been some drunken tool picked the bag up "for a laugh" & then just left them somewhere.

Good luck!

Shit..bad one.

Add All City on Crowe street & the stall in georges st market to that list. Wouldnt hurt to do up a list of records that were in the bag & drop them into the shops so that they'll know what to be looking for.

Keep an eye on buyandsell & gumtree as well.

Ebay & Discogs are unlikely unless you had some valuable records..someone who robs a bag on the street is more likely to try and make a quick buck than listing them all on the net & mailing them out to folk...

Its a few days later now but I assume you had a good look around the area? Asking in all the pubs if anyone left a bag there on sun night? Its worth a try...could have been some drunken tool picked the bag up "for a laugh" & then just left them somewhere.

Good luck!

cheers dude. yea- will be keeping an eye on adverts/gumtree. probably the most likely place for them...

what would you actually be able to do when/if you find some of your stuff in any of those shops though?

not sure. maybe ask them to get a number off the guy who sold them. or something. dunno. i'd pay money to get them back though tbh...

shit. defo give freebird a call. 017079955.

also, isnt there a lot of CCTV in dame lane? friend of mine DJs there saturday nights too. ill see if he had seen anything suspicious( or stole them himself).

shit. defo give freebird a call. 017079955.

also, isnt there a lot of CCTV in dame lane? friend of mine DJs there saturday nights too. ill see if he had seen anything suspicious( or stole them himself).

yea- think it has been caught on cctv. going in to check it today. not that it helps much to be honest...

yea- think it has been caught on cctv. going in to check it today. not that it helps much to be honest...
ah well you never know. it couldve been some posho in a suit taking a chance after a few too many.

sure, do up a list of whats missing. you dont see an awful lot of funk/disco coming in second hand, so it should be fairly noticable if it does.

ah well you never know. it couldve been some posho in a suit taking a chance after a few too many.

sure, do up a list of whats missing. you dont see an awful lot of funk/disco coming in second hand, so it should be fairly noticable if it does.

cool. will do. will print it out and drop it into the shops. cheers..

I had a guitar stolen a few years ago. I must have rang every music shop in the country with a description and serial number. Never heard a thing. Luckily the insurance came through.

One thing it's teaches you is, to never leave anything out of you sight at gigs.

Well, this tale has come to a fine end. Heartwarming even. Was checking out gumtree for suspicious records for sale, when i came across an ad saying that a record bag had been found at a bus stop on saturday night! obviously the asshole who stole it either ran out of steam or had appalling taste in music, or both. rang up the saintly person who placed the ad and sure enough it was my bag. Sha. Mone.

Thanks for all the tips and sympathy y'all.

This case is now closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back